News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona insurance

Started by avengnce, October 29, 2020, 06:40:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

avengnce

I am looking for recommendations on insuring our Daytona .My father recently passed away unfortunately . I need to get a good insurance on the car . What company is everyone using? Im leaning toward Grundy and seems to be a reasonable price . Any help is greatly appreciated .
68 Coronet 440 w/ 440
69 Daytona w/ 440  ( Dads)

Impkidd

Hello, sorry to hear of your loss. Rob.

Aero426

I suggest you contact Rally Insurance in Chicago.    They represent a number of different classic car insurers and will get you multiple quotes so you can compare.      I have found them very easy to do business with.   Their phone is 630-617-9960. 

gtx6970

I just recently insured my 66 Hemi Satellite with Haggerty .

I looked at a few different insurers and they felt right .

Insured for $75k costs me about $675 a year agreed value .

69_500

I use a place here in Indiana. Classic Automobile Insurance. Have the car instead for $185k, rate is $742 a year. 2,000 miles per year.

69_500

Side note, give me a call. 317-820-1811.  I am just down the road from you. Martinsville

held1823

I am guessing this would be the Moon car, and you the son?  Sorry to hear of your dad's passing.

I lost my own dad five years ago. Mine also bought a Daytona new (in Rushville, Indiana).

I still have it over here in New Castle, where it has spent its entire life.

Cherish the car, it is worth far more valuable than any amount of money could ever replace.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

tcs69rt

Condolences. I left Hagerty years ago for Grundy because they were half the price for the same coverage. Good Luck.
"Life ain't easy when you rode the short bus."

Aero426

Quote from: tcs69rt on November 02, 2020, 12:04:24 PM
Condolences. I left Hagerty years ago for Grundy because they were half the price for the same coverage. Good Luck.

My experience with Hagerty getting quotes was they were always among the highest.  So I had never used them.    Last year, they bought up the book of business of Classic Collectors, who I've been with for some time.    So at renewal time, I'm waiting for the Hagerty quote, grabbing my ankles, like "oh boy, here it comes".     But they left the rate alone, at least for the first year.