News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Center link question

Started by 66FBCharger, November 01, 2020, 05:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

66FBCharger

I took my center link off so I could change my oil pan gasket. I think I put it back on the way it came off but I have a little bit of a suspicion I might have put it on backwards.
I have it so the curve is shaped like a U if looking at the center link from the front or rear. Does it matter which side is left or right or is it symmetrical? The reason I ask is my steering wheel was centered prior to doing this job. Now the steering wheel is off probably 90 degrees.
I did have the steering wheel off the column at the same time (I had multiple jobs going at one time). Maybe I didn't line the master spline up correctly.
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

375instroke

I believe it bends down and aft.

71charger_fan

I had to flip mine around to cure a rubbing against the oil pan issue. No effect on alignment or the steering wheel.