News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dave Patik fighting cancer help-time to remove this- not sure how??

Started by r4daytona, September 22, 2020, 09:41:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

r4daytona

As some of you may or may not know life long Mopar expert Dave Patik is very ill and fighting cancer.  Dave has become a very good friend of mine and I have had many talks with his brother, and his brother asked me if i could help by posting a link to the GoFund Me page they set up to help with bills.   I spoke with Dave last night for about 5 mins. (but he gets very winded) however, he sounded much better than a month ago- but he has a tough journey ahead.  I wasn't sure where I should have posted this so if the Moderators need to move it that will be fine.  I know Dave will appreciate anything you could donate.  Thanks  Tom  

https://www.gofundme.com/f/sgvygk-help-david-beat-cancer/share

WINGIN IT

Yes sad.
Thanks for posting Tom, I shared link on my Facebook page as well.
Sending positive vibes Dave's way !

PCG

Thanks for posting, Tom -- on behalf of David Patik/Performance Car Graphics, this is Richard Patik (his brother) thanking you and everyone for their help in this fight David is in. He's a wonderful person, brother, Mopar guru and entrepreneur. He is a straight-up honest, hard working man whose uncompromised priorities always are quality, accuracy and fairness and, as many on this board no doubt have experienced, he loves to share his intricate knowledge. His first car was a 1969 Dodge Charger, which I later used to learn to drive as well as one of his Daytonas and Hemi Cudas. He is home now, but there are many battles ahead. Thank you for your generosity and support.

- Richard Patik in Tallahassee, FL

WINGIN IT

Thank you for the post and the update Richard, wishing Dave the quickest of recoveries .

moparstuart

Saw on Facebook today that doctors have done all they can  ,  David is at home and in hospice care .    :angel: :angel: :angel:   prayers he is at peace  
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

WINGIN IT

I saw, very sad, losing an overall good human being , an honest and hardworking businessman, and a good natured Mopar enthusiast.
Sending positive vibes his way to him and his family.

69_500

It's a sad day. Dave has passed away today.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on November 02, 2020, 08:59:18 PM
It's a sad day. Dave has passed away today.

Ah man..... I wasn't ready for that news.... May he Rest in Peace.... Bless his heart...   :'(
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

WINGIN IT

God, that sucks, wasn't expecting that either.
Condolences to his family, rest in peace Dave.

Mopar John

REMEMBERING DAVID PATIK
Shortly after buying my 1st Superbird I started to look for parts that I could not purchase through my local Plymouth dealership.
Since I was a member of both wing car clubs by then I found an ad by Dave and his "FASCAR" parts company then located in Iowa.
My first picture shows his card he sent me back then.
My second picture shows a letter dated 3-23-78 with items and prices for parts for my Superbird.
This letter was in response to my want list I had sent to Dave.
We did not have the internet and e-mails back then!
The last picture shows a picture of a Superbird where Dave had taken an ink pen and outlined what he called the "FASTBACK".
We more commonly call this a rear window plug now days.
I did end up buying an NOS "FASTBACK" from Dave for $115.00 shipped back then! WOW!
Dave was way ahead of the rest of us on these wing cars!
I have used Dave on the restorations of both of my wing cars and will miss him!
RIP! DAVE
MJ

WINGIN IT

Very cool John, thanks for sharing. Dave will definitely be missed. A credit to the hobby, and based on my dealings with him, an overall good, honest , hardworking guy.