News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Odd clunk in my '06 Montero RR wheel area

Started by lloyd3, November 08, 2020, 04:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lloyd3

Long shot here, I know but... the wife's Montero Limited is making a fairly suspicious sound when we hit even mild bumps now. I'd have guessed it was a broken shock or shock mount, but when I crawl under it nothing looks amiss. I've wiggled and jiggled everything (& there is alot going on under there) but nothing is obviously damaged or failing. Any ideas here before I haul it in for the $$$ pros to look it over?

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

lloyd3

OzCharger69

Having the same vehicle, believe or not there's a good chance they are dry splines if the noise is coming from the back.

If the noise is from the front it is likely CV joints. Check your CV boots for tears. The Sway bar links could also be a source.

lloyd3

OzCharger69: Appreciate it! This SUV has a very busy rear differential and suspension set-up. God-only knows what it will ultimately be. We're way-overdue to replace this vehicle, but it keeps on humming along so nicely we'll keep it going for a while yet. It is also what my 16-year old drive to school when the weather is bad.

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

lloyd3

Other issues here now. Started to idle poorly yesterday and threw lots of codes. I pulled the number 6 plug and it has been mashed down to the electrode. It's done this one time before so....somethings up. Just replaced the timing belt -25k miles ago so...that shouldn't be the issue.  Something mechanical obviously, darn it. This may be the end here.