News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A new chapter in the life of an unrestored Hemi Daytona

Started by taxspeaker, November 09, 2020, 08:47:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

426HemiChick

Hi Cuda Dear,                 14 October 2021

Just got to thinking, oddly enough, we do have two tires, mounted on rims, from 1969 that are filled with 1969 Nitrogen. They are the M & H drag slicks we used on the 69 Super Bee. They're still in the trunk where we put them 52 years ago; they look "Brandy New."

So, if'n you would like some of that old gas/air, we'll give you souvenir bottle of it when you come out to visit us in Laveen (Phoenix), Arizona. You are always welcome; that is, once we are there and have the house finished, just a small bit of work remains like removing the carpet and replacing it with tile.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

taxspeaker

Repaired the last few little things today: power steering hose leak; fixed both horns; fixed constant stutter/die (bad vapor separator) and the "To Do" list is finally done. The car goes  to MCACN Barn finds in 3 weeks-stop by and talk!

After Mcacn, I am finally going to gently wash the car, then carefully polich and wax the paint. The wheels/tires will go on the wall to be temporarily replace with red strip radials on (probably) old  Magnums I have. I am open to wheel suggestions.

There are currently no show plans for 2022, but I hope to take it to some big show in the Midwest, mountain west, or upper Midwest. Again, open to suggestions and invites!-Might bring more than 1 wing.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: taxspeaker on November 02, 2021, 07:11:14 PM
Repaired the last few little things today: power steering hose leak; fixed both horns; fixed constant stutter/die (bad vapor separator) and the "To Do" list is finally done. The car goes  to MCACN Barn finds in 3 weeks-stop by and talk!

After Mcacn, I am finally going to gently wash the car, then carefully polich and wax the paint. The wheels/tires will go on the wall to be temporarily replace with red strip radials on (probably) old  Magnums I have. I am open to wheel suggestions.

There are currently no show plans for 2022, but I hope to take it to some big show in the Midwest, mountain west, or upper Midwest. Again, open to suggestions and invites!-Might bring more than 1 wing.

Awesome!  :cheers:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

hemi68charger

After Mcacn, I am finally going to gently wash the car, then carefully polich and wax the paint. The wheels/tires will go on the wall to be temporarily replace with red strip radials on (probably) old  Magnums I have. I am open to wheel suggestions.

I would: options

1. Orange to match the car with hubcaps. One thing is the wheels might be "too fresh" against car's original paint.
2. Black wide rim steelies (15x7 or 8's) with chrome lugs
3. Black w/ complete set of 15" full wheel covers if you can find them (hemi or truck full wheel covers)
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69F8C500

Can't wait to see it again, I saw it at Carlisle and it was amazing. We will have our Charger 500 in the barn finds, the Daytona will have fitting company.

taxspeaker

Quote from: 69F8C500 on November 03, 2021, 01:18:10 PM

That sounds great, thanks!
Love the wheel suggestions-what about old school Cragars?
Can't wait to see it again, I saw it at Carlisle and it was amazing. We will have our Charger 500 in the barn finds, the Daytona will have fitting company.

hemi-hampton

I'd suggest bringing it Woodward Dream Cruise in 2022. And I think old school Cragars would look good. I even got a old set sitting around from the 1970's from my old Charger. LEON.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

Had a great time at MCACN show over the weekend got to hang out with bob and see this amazing car in person. 

moparstuart

Bob chatting with Wayne Carini about the Daytona.

moparstuart

Bob cutting loose a little   :icon_smile_big:

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

taxspeaker

A great couple of days revisiting with old friends Stuart & Ian, Ernie, Mopar John and 8,000 not so close buddies. And no, I do not know who the young lady is and any reports otherwise are a figment of my imagination.

Thanks Stuart for posting.

69_500

You don't even remember her name Bob? she was super excited to get up on the wing, then she went to the other Bob and his Hemi Daytona to get a pic over there too.

I am in the 8,000 not so close buddies. I just keep pestering for detail pics on the car.

taxspeaker

Sorry Dan, she was just more needy of attention than you. Enjoyed talking!

held1823

Quote from: 69_500 on November 26, 2021, 09:10:39 PM
I am in the 8,000 not so close buddies. I just keep pestering for detail pics on the car.

as soon as I saw your name missing from Bob's post, I knew I'd soon see this one, lol

it's not every weekend we get to rub elbows with three hemi Daytona owners, is it.
to jump curbs, run red lights and make U-turns with one of them is just icing on the cake
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

69F8C500

I had a great time talking with you Bob, can't wait to see the car at more shows, here's a cool picture of all the Chrysler aero warriors in the barn finds section:

taxspeaker

I know you were worn out helping ryan, but it was great to see the 500, and f8 is even better. Start the resto!

taxspeaker

Stuart, you had mentioned Spyders for the alternate set of wheels for Christine's Daytona. I  did talk to the guy you mentioned and he quoted $1200 for the set. We dickered back and forth but I ended up turning him down-I think  his final offer to pay me $1500 to take them is just too low. I did tell him I knew a guy though.

moparstuart

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
Quote from: taxspeaker on November 28, 2021, 01:08:34 PM
Stuart, you had mentioned Spyders for the alternate set of wheels for Christine's Daytona. I  did talk to the guy you mentioned and he quoted $1200 for the set. We dickered back and forth but I ended up turning him down-I think  his final offer to pay me $1500 to take them is just too low. I did tell him I knew a guy though.
:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:  well at least you have great taste in cars ,  wheels  not so much   :icon_smile_big:

69F8C500

Hey Bob, I know this might be off topic a little but a good show in 2022 is the Holley Moparty in Bowling green KY. I've gone the last 2 years and had a blast. They do a wing car parade one of the days. I think it will be Sept. 16th-18th. Definitely recommend!

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

69F8C500

Saw this on Facebook, you might want this Bob:

taxspeaker

taxspeaker

I finally broke down and washed the dirt off, buffed and waxed the Daytona. Since it had 50 year old wheels and tires on it I also bolted on a set of 500 wheels with Coker repro red stripes. Don't worry, nothing was or will be changed, I just had to get it clean and safe to drive. The original wheels and tires are hanging on the wall now.