News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Another paint set back

Started by AmadeusCharger500, November 09, 2020, 01:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmadeusCharger500

I saw hints of this when I first pulled it out of the garage after paint day, October 1st. There are egg shell cracks in the clear coat. I thought it was just a small area but the more I color sanded and buffed the more it revealed. I thought I could live with it until I sanded through to base. Now it is trouble. Any suggestions are welcome. The rest of the car is fine, zero cracks.

AmadeusCharger500

I taped off the extent of the defects just to get an idea of where it went. I pulled it out of the garage day after paint, it was out for about 30 minutes when I saw these cracks in the paint. The sun was on it In that particular area, when  I thought, Uh oh, Did I just fail paint follow up 101?
The rest of the car is good and is completely color sanded and buffed. Im super pleased with it, but this is a bit distressing.

AKcharger

??? standing by to hear from experts, that's a new one to me  :popcrn:

AmadeusCharger500

Well Youve done more than enough to help me with my 1st setback! I'm hoping at worst it is a sand and reclear, but even that is totally disheartening. I decided to take a break and do other things, like installing door handles. Just want to get my thoughts on it for planning mode. I fear  I will forget how to paint if I wait too long.