News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Raised white letter tires , ????

Started by gtx6970, November 10, 2020, 03:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtx6970

Are there any decent quality tires that still have a raised white letter.????
besides BFG and Cooper Cobras.

The BFGs the letters are brown, and the Coopers are ugly

Will be looking for something in a 255/60 and 235/60 -15s in the nest year or maybe less

Ive had numerous reports the new red lines radials from Coker have a vibration owners cant seem to get out. ( they are using a BFG carcass as baseline ?????)

6bblgt

Mickey Thompson Sportsman & Mastercraft Avenger are still available in those sizes

HeavyFuel

I replaced my small-ish Coopers for the Mickeys earlier this year.

BSB67

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

chargerbr549

Another option is to add the white letters on a black sidewall tire, I believe you can get them custom made the way you want them.

https://tredwear.com/

Just 6T9 CHGR

245/60/15 on front and 295/50/15 on rear M/T's

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

HeavyFuel

RiverRaider

I have Mickey Thompsons from Summit on my Charger.  You might be able to find some remaining stock on Firestone Firehawks (Walmart) also may be a few Hoosiers out there.  Coker might have a few also.
Here are a few that I know of and I believe Kelsey tire has Goodyears with raised outline white letters.
Hercules HP 4000
Hankook Ventus (H101)
Mastercraft Avenger GT
Dunlop SP Sport GT
Galaxy Radial GT (Vitor)
Milestar Street Steel 
I have run other style Milestar tires on my Pacifica great tires for the money.
My first Charger was a Stock Car.

gtx6970

Thanks all,

Its not screaming for tires per say ,,,,. But they are older and I would feel better replacing them before it gets too may longer trips on it

I keep thinking redlines radials but Ive heard some not so good things about the newest versions made.

Like so ,
same car , same color, same wheels .

Aero426

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

billssuperbird

I put Mickey Thompson's online last year seems like a very quick Tire