News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

spark plug "covers" to assist with oil burning?

Started by lloyd3, November 12, 2020, 04:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lloyd3

Many years ago (30?), I was rehabbing a mid-60s Rambler American to resell it. When I pulled a couple of the plugs from that 232 six, there was an attachment on them that enclosed the electrode to keep oil off of it. What were those screw-on nipples called? Anybody? Are they still available today?

Found one...

What is amazing is that it seems to fit this Mitsubishi plug (I wouldn't of dreamed that it would).  I'm going to try to protect the latest plug from whatever is wrecking them in No. 6 cylinder, which is either the piston or.... perhaps something embedding in the top of the piston (like maybe a bolt or nut) by using this little unit. It will also seat the plug less deep in the cylinder which can't hurt here either.

I've no illusions about just how bad this problem is. This is only to buy a little time until I can replace the car.

BrianShaughnessy

They're called spark plug non-foulers.    And they're still sold - I googled...  at autozone and other places.    I haven't seen them in a store for years tho.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

b5blue