News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

best car cover out there?

Started by resq302, November 19, 2020, 06:20:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

resq302

Now that my GTX is freshly restored, I want to get a nice, somewhat padded (ding resistant) car cover for it.  My old one that is in decent shape is dirty on the outside and being that the car is nice and fresh, I'd like to have the cover look the same.  My old one was made by Covercraft and was a Wolf Ready-fit one that they no longer seem to make.  I did find one that is called Noah but that also seems to be out of stock and will be back in just before Christmas.  What is a good name car cover that is water resistant, dust resistant, and UV resistant that has some decent protection from accidental dings when the cover is on it ?  While the car typically isnt out in the weather, if I'm away at a long weekend show and it happens to rain, I'd like the car to be protected.

Thanks,

Brian
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

gtx6970

Brian,
Im in a similar boat.
Im planning to buy a California Car cover, flannel lined snug fit.  Not cheap, but then again neither was the car. So I've decided to not be cheap on the cover either

The odds of  my car will ever sit outside overnite is not likely during my  remaining  lifetime,,,will be an extremely rare occasion.
Im more concerned with  paint protection from something rubbing against it or ,,,god help me  something gets  dropped on it.

resq302

Same with me Bill. The chances of it being outside overnight are slim to none since we have an enclosed trailer but I am looking more for protection from the car sitting in my garage. I think my old cover was between the $200-300 range. Like you said, the paint is worth that and then some !
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

gtx6970

I have it narrowed done to one of 2 . price ranges from $550 on the upper end and right at $400 for the lower end . Mine will be flannel lined for protection

edit, I also have a cheap Budge cover that will go on it in hot summer months when the car hibernates next summer ( 110 and up temps and a black car are not a good mix ) . Just for good measure. It was brand new and free is the only reason I have it

https://www.calcarcover.com/CoverDesigner/ChooseCover

mr. hemi

I have a California Car Cover "tan flannel" cover on my Charger that is nearly 40 years old. It has stood up extremely well. I have had it washed 2-3 times at an industrial laundry over the years to freshen it up. I do not believe they make a current version of this cover. I do have one of their flannel lined covers on our Subaru BRZ, again a nice piece, albeit more spendy than the first one I bought all those years ago.
You know you are vintage when someone says, "Back in the day", and you can dispute their facts.