News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

C500 Clone Build Headlight Bucket Question

Started by 71GSSDemon, November 21, 2020, 01:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71GSSDemon

Hello, I am starting a C500 stock car clone.  Picture a low budget team who pushed the old car outside behind the shop a few decades ago.  So, to the question.  I have a 68 Coronet grill and bezels, but what do I use for the headlight supports?  Not just the buckets, but what the buckets attach to with the correct light to light spacing.  I know they were grafted in front of the Charger lights but what are they from?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RallyeMike

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

71GSSDemon

Thank you.  I understand the headlights cups are Coronet,  but the brackets, maybe 12" long, that those mount to, what donar are those?  Still Coronet?  I just need the headlight spacing and something to mount in front of the Charger lights.

70 sublime

You need to cut the whole set up out of the Coronet fenders then you have the right spacing and angle and the proper place for the grill around the head lights to mount to in the Charger fenders
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

71GSSDemon

Thank you!  I never realized all of that was part of the fender assembly.  Thank you again.

aerolith

Hi 71 demon,

You have to carefully cut the pods out of the fender and make several mounting brackets to hold onto the standard charger frame

The pods in this picture are upside down lol... :slap:

The lower picture shows the Coronet-pod attached to the Charger frame (upside down).
If you want to make them yourself I can take some measurements for you.
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

aerolith

You will need to buy a 68 Coronet grille mounting kit which has the plastic tubes.

I have a complete set of centre grille mounting brackets which I think were made by Dayclona at some time?
'
First picture is the pod from the outer end and from behind. The holes are there to mount it to the Charger 'inner wing flange' with three small screws.

Second picture is the upper mounting bracket which is offset to one side (to miss 'upper panel' mounting holes).

On the far left is the 'upper part' of the long side mounting bracket with the bolts removed.
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

aerolith

Pod end brackets in manufacture by Troy!

Lower pod is NOS upper pod still has old metal from fender still attached...

I bet that table could 'tell some stories'... :cheers:
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

aerolith

Troy's NOS POD! 2836986, available at any PEP Boys etc... :scratchchin: :slap: :2thumbs:
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

aerolith

Centre grille support brackets x 8

I do have a set of these if you need them, always happy to help a fellow Charger-man.

The centre of the lower picture shows the modified 'HOOD release' lever too.
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

aerolith

C500 grille sidebar vertical, no part number so manufactured by Creativeness...

Hopefully you will do better than Wonky grille... :slap:

'Its not easy being green' :misbehaving:
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

70 sublime

Hey aerolith these are some good pictures  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Never even thought about what they did for the hood release lever before
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

hemi68charger

Quote from: 70 sublime on November 28, 2020, 09:30:32 AM
Hey aerolith these are some good pictures  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Never even thought about what they did for the hood release lever before

Yeap, they used another release lever then spot-welded an extension... Crude but effective...
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

aerolith

Always happy to help lol...

This is an untouched 50 year old C500 grille assembly from an early model car, October build.
Mish-mash of bolts and screws, anything the guys at 'Creative' could get creative with! :shruggy:
My December 19th grille assembly was much more refined with more matching bolts... :2thumbs:
Not so many of the large washered bolts in mine. :patriot:
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

aerolith

Nice work on the outer screw tubes!

50 year old tape STILL holding... :pity:
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

aerolith

This is the finished article lol! :2thumbs:

Outer grille bezels missing and one headlight gone too... :drool5:

Think the one at Nick's place needs some TLC :slap: :smilielol: :coolgleamA:
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

71GSSDemon

This is awesome.  Thank you all so much for the information and pictures.  I have the 68 Coronet grill and bezels and one fender assembly to start with. 

Eric