News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

JK Wheels-69 Hemi Daytona

Started by taxspeaker, November 28, 2020, 08:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taxspeaker

Where is the "JK" and 839 supposed to be stamped? I have original 1969 tires but I am looking at the wheels and don't see the "JK". I do see an "H" stamped between the lug holes-is it by the valve stem? On a 5/15/69 manufacture date what kind of codes would there be next to the valve stem?

Thanks-months from driving, but being very very patient with this car and don't want to change anything since it is unrestored.

Alaskan_TA

Remove the tire and look at the stampings inside the inner rim center.

6bblgt

there are plenty of restamps out there

who is claiming "JK" & "839"?  AFAIK they should be "JJ" & "870" - looking for pics

here's the valve stem area stampings on a 1969 15x6.0" "H" wheel

taxspeaker

Thanks guys

Classic cars and parts article a couple of years ago states all 68-69 Hemi Dodges had JK and 839 stamped in them. Alaskan TA says look inside wheel-which matches up with the pictures I have seen-thank you.

Will be mounting the 1969 Redlines on the old wheels in a few weeks and will know more then.

6bblgt

1968 model year & 1969 model year "H" wheels are different

hopefully your redlines are Goodyear POLYGLAS F70-15s  (OE would've had 0.300" wide "streak", some 0.375" wide out there)

here's a November 30, 1968 "H" wheel - should still be the same in May

gtx6970

Ive always thought JK wheels were 1968  15x6
H wheels are 1969  15x6

taxspeaker

Quote from: 6bblgt on November 30, 2020, 02:28:43 AM
1968 model year & 1969 model year "H" wheels are different

hopefully your redlines are Goodyear POLYGLAS F70-15s  (OE would've had 0.300" wide "streak", some 0.375" wide out there)

here's a November 30, 1968 "H" wheel - should still be the same in May

Yep-they are Goodyear polyglas F70x15 red stripes from right at the end of 1968. They have still got about 90% of tread from 50+ years ago-on a shelf in a dark garage and still excellent shape! Have not measured stripe width but comfortable that these are "the ones" since everything else is on the money.
Thanks again
Bob

6bblgt

6bblgt

did you get your JK wheels & POLYGLAS tires straightened out?  do you have pics you can share?  date codes & stampings

taxspeaker

Here are 2 tire and 1 wheel pictures. Not sure where date code is on tires-nothing next to "DOT"

6bblgt

:2thumbs:
the pre-'70 date codes look like this - U64 "white streak" Polyglas

JF01 - decodes as: 1969 - March - Goodyear Akron, Ohio

69_500

Did you wind up finding the other correct rims? When I had looked at the car, it appeared that two of the rims were correct for the car, but 2 weren't. I forget right now which ones were good, but I was thinking the rear two had correct date codes.