News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird corner valance panels on Ebay

Started by Seabeckredneck, November 30, 2020, 11:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabeckredneck

The ones on ebay last month didn't sell for the asking price of $2000. (of which he listed twice)   Maybe this guy will get $4900.   :shruggy:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Superbird-Nos-corner-valances-par-1970/254791914404?hash=item3b52c813a4:g:eA4AAOSwoexfwaiI

tan top

:popcrn:

i'm amazed this kind of stuff is still out there  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

birdsandbees

It is Top Tan and sooner or later a restoration shop will see them, buy them, double the price and add to a customers bill !  :yesnod:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

DoubleDlover

Actually what would be better is.... Someone buy them and get them copied. really GOOD copies. Make molds and patterns. Bucks. what ever. But do them perfect... So we can sell them for much more reasonable prices to people in need and so those over priced want to hit a fu***** home run off of everyone people can keep there stuff and line there coffin with the stuff. LOL

P.S. And before the cry babies chime in. I know these parts are gold. Im not saying sell them for peanuts. Im talking about the ahole people that are waaaayyyy overpriced. Like that moron trying to get 2K for a fricking fender side skirt thing on ebay  LOL

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: DoubleDlover on December 21, 2020, 04:37:05 AM
Actually what would be better is.... Someone buy them and get them copied. really GOOD copies. Make molds and patterns. Bucks. what ever. But do them perfect... So we can sell them for much more reasonable prices to people in need and so those over priced want to hit a fu***** home run off of everyone people can keep there stuff and line there coffin with the stuff. LOL

P.S. And before the cry babies chime in. I know these parts are gold. Im not saying sell them for peanuts. Im talking about the ahole people that are waaaayyyy overpriced. Like that moron trying to get 2K for a fricking fender side skirt thing on ebay  LOL

I've been told that Rick Fairless now offers these.  :Twocents:

Ricksparts.net

nascarxx29

I had few sets of these bought from Frank mitchell .ISold them
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Redbird

I had a pair that I bought from Frank Mitchell too. I sold them a few years ago.

A lot of the original pieces survived because they were heavily galvanized.

So many people have worked to bring back metal free cars that they are not as common any more.

Rick is probably a good source today if someone wants metal. Galvanizing, don't know how to get that done.

The original pieces were probably done on some sort of press. One of the things that I see wrong with reproduction headlight buckets is that the reproductions do not have the pressure ridges from being formed in a press.

I see restored cars with fake parts that seem to ask big dollars for the cars. I wonder when someone buys them it dawns on them what they bought?

For one of my cars I needed a couple of other Superbird only pieces for about 20 years. I had repro parts on the car for all that time. Finally I picked the parts up very reasonably after the 2008 economic crash. Who would have guessed that it would have taken a market crash to make parts available?

As I recall in about the year 2000,  Year One had metal valance reproductions in their catalog. I wonder if they really had them and if they did what they looked like.

Redbird

An original center under nose panel is probably as hard or harder to find as the original valance panels are. Can not have a high point car without that.

The thing that did all these items in was accidents. The flat panels just got twisted, were not that visible, so accident pieces went in the trash. The side valance panels would just get crushed and bent.

Personally I don't see much of a market for any better reproductions than there already are. There are a lot of things someone can make with a much more promising upside.

DoubleDlover

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on December 21, 2020, 05:46:15 AM
Quote from: DoubleDlover on December 21, 2020, 04:37:05 AM

P.S. And before the cry babies chime in. I know these parts are gold. Im not saying sell them for peanuts. Im talking about the ahole people that are waaaayyyy overpriced. Like that moron trying to get 2K for a fricking fender side skirt thing on ebay  LOL

I've been told that Rick Fairless now offers these.  :Twocents:

Ricksparts.net

IM sooooo happy to see and hear this... The great adjustment to the hobbie might be on the horizon>>

DonC1

I gave it a go...drivers side. Wish I saw that add beforehand.

Seabeckredneck

Quote from: DonC1 on January 11, 2021, 03:26:13 AM

That looks pretty good Don.  Let me know if you're going to make a pair and what you want for them. I really don't want to use the fiberglass ones I have.

Hope everything is going good up there.  :cheers:

Seabeckredneck

Hey Don, I tried to send you an email, but it must be an old address I have. I tried to send you a message on here but you inbox is full.
   Are you hiding out in the Bat Cave?

moparstuart

Quote from: Seabeckredneck on January 20, 2021, 07:47:31 PM

Hey Don, I tried to send you an email, but it must be an old address I have. I tried to send you a message on here but you inbox is full.
   Are you hiding out in the Bat Cave?
He is BAT MAN 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

AZMoparMike

I think I have 9 or 10 set of these since I buy everything I see over the years when I got my birds.