News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

500 / Daytona wind deflector attach fasteners

Started by hemi68charger, December 01, 2020, 10:46:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey gang..

Having 2nd thoughts on the smaller attach screws that hold the wind deflectors in position, in particular, the smaller screws between the deflector and the door seal channel by the wind window frame.. If I recall, they should be the same as the sill plate screws?

If you have originals, please post a picture..

Thanks..
T
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

taxspeaker

Longer than sill plates. Daytona build date 5/15/69

hemi68charger

These are what I pulled out of mine..
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

C500

Hi Troy - should be able to get to mine tonight... will email a pic or 2 when I can get my hands on them.
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

C500

pics posted for reference
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

hemi68charger

Quote from: C500 on December 03, 2020, 02:59:19 PM
pics posted for reference

Looks like Creative technicians used a hotch-botch of fasteners. I have a mixture as well.. All the long ones I have are in the windshield side, shorter ones on the door side..

Thanks guys..
Troy

70 sublime

Are those long screws the same as the long ones in the kick panels ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

hemi68charger

Quote from: 70 sublime on December 03, 2020, 08:00:43 PM
Are those long screws the same as the long ones in the kick panels ?

They might be... But, they are #8 screws with #6 heads.......
Troy