News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

exterior door trim molding clips for 69 charger

Started by sixty-niner, December 10, 2020, 11:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixty-niner

I just got my trim chromed and the chromer threw all the clips away, does anyone have or know where to get the clips that hold the door and quarter panal trim in place?
its the piece that is right by the windows on the outside of the car.
thanks. need this asap.

AKcharger

What trim? where? 1st, 2nd or 3rd Gen??

jlatessa

sixty-niner

Quote from: AKcharger on December 11, 2020, 12:59:21 AM
What trim? where? 1st, 2nd or 3rd Gen??

its a gen 2, a 1969 and its the trim that goes along the door and quarter panal. on the top of the door.

sixty-niner

I dont believe they are, if they fit I will use them but I remeber them having some sort of plastic in them and would slide around

AKcharger

6pktgo

FYI,  The door belt mldg clips are very narrow at the front and get wider toward the rear of the door. The rear most clip ,being much different, has a small retaining nut ,on the underside. I think the set is 7 ,all different because of the tapered mldg.
The quarter mldg clips fasten to the inside upper lip of the quarter ,then the belt mldg slides over top of them & a small 3/16 flat head philips screw goes through the mldg & fastens into the clip, you'll need 4. 

AKcharger

Here's what you're looking for...

green69rt

VegasCharger

Quote from: green69rt on December 16, 2020, 04:34:41 PM.....Read this thread, it's probably more than you want to know.....

Correct!

Let me shed some light on this topic. Pic 1. below is from the thread link (reply #37 from Keepat) that green69rt posted. This shows 6 clips with color codes and dimensions. Pic 2 below is from reply #9 on this thread from AKCharger. This clip was used on late 1968 and up 2nd gen Chargers. Early 68 Chargers did not have the end clip with a bolt but had 7 clips like seen in pic 1. I believe the 7th clip was a duplicate of the smallest clip in pic #1. I'm guessing early on, the end of the molding was not secured enough due to it not having the bolt clip and so the factory made an improvement to correct the problem. So early 68s used 7 clips and no bolt on clip and late 68s, 69s & 70s used 6 clips and 1 bolt on clip.

This a a unique set of clips and hard to find a full set. To the best of my knowledge no one repops them. I sold a set (for only one side/door) for $125.00 on an eBay auction listing.

Good luck.