News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona clone trunk closeout panel

Started by Josephevers86, December 13, 2020, 08:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephevers86

Hey I'm looking for a closeout panel for doing a daytona clone trunk lid. I'd prefer a metal one but will consider all options. Thank you.

A383Wing

3rd gen Dutchman panel will work with not much modifications...I'm using one for mine

Bryan

70 sublime

I thought he was meaning the one that goes on the bottom of the trunk lid on the inside after you shorten it up ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

A383Wing

Josephevers86

Yes sorry. I have the 3rd gen dutchman panel already and I'm looking for the part that attaches once you shorten the trunk lid.

70 sublime

Quote from: Josephevers86 on December 19, 2020, 09:30:42 PM
Yes sorry. I have the 3rd gen dutchman panel already and I'm looking for the part that attaches once you shorten the trunk lid.

I have a fiberglass one I hope to use when I get to that point
One problem with mine is that a daytona trunk lid has a curve on the edge that meets the new back window

I have a 3rd gen dutchman also and it is straight so not sure how my fiberglass piece is going to work
I hope I can trim mine enough to make it straight but still do the job  :shruggy: :shruggy:

moparmendy

would like to see pics if anyone has them of this process..are you guys using a vega plug? thanks

70 sublime

I had a thought about the close out panel

Wonder if you could take a second trunk lid the was not worth fixing but the end closest to the hinges was still good
Pull the inner web out of it and trim it back and lay it on top of the web of the shortened trunk lid to fill the space and have the metal to work with ?

Nwcharger

The late Gene Gregory made metal reproduction ones. I bought one from him years ago and I was amazing. I should have bought more.
1969 coronet wagon