News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What do the Superbird wiper motor grommets look like

Started by Repsol17, December 14, 2020, 04:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Repsol17

I just sent out my wiper motor to have restored.  Can anyone show me what the 3 firewall stud grommets look like so I may purchase the correct ones.

Thanks
1970 Bird 440-4 bl Sublime green

Repsol17

I think I have a better idea of what and how they should look.   When I removed the wiper motor from the firewall the rubber gasket stayed with the motor.  The 3 round metal sleeves stayed on the firewall stud posts.  At first this confused me as to what or how it should look and be assembled back as a new unit.

I've attached 2 pics of the new rubber gasket and how I believe the round sleeves are to be inserted into the rubber grommets on the new gasket.

Can anyone confirm, though this fits and appears correct.

Repsol17

Quote from: Sgt Superbird on December 14, 2020, 07:06:10 PM
Are you looking for these?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/153974072839
Sgt,  I should of made myself more clearer...sorry.  I believe those would work on a wiper unit that only has the round firewall gasket without the grommet 3 ears.  As seen in my pic above.

Thanks again 

Sgt Superbird

I'll check for pictures when I had my previous bird's WW motor restored. I don't think I took pictures of that detail, though.