News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rear Window Install Help

Started by nitrousn, December 16, 2020, 09:20:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitrousn

I am going to install the rear window on my 69 charger. My question is the lower holes on the Dutchman panel. There are 9 holes but only 7 clips are used. I know there are two rubber stop blocks used to set the glass. I am guessing that they sit at the 2.25 measurement on each side. Did the factory blocks have locator pins that fit in these holes. Any help would be great. Thanks.

AKcharger

Hi Nitro!

I've seen no provisions for the blocks to "plug" into anything. On the two windows I've done the the two blocks were just sitting there.  As for the extra holes  :shruggy: dain holes? perhaps why most evey trunk is rotted out.

My suggestion is don't over think it, install the clips in an arrangment that holds the trim securly, fill the excess holes with sealent and call it good.

On a related note that was a HORRIBLE design! I mean you have a channel that collected dirt and water and it has no where to go. Even the completly rust free Navada car I got need work in that channel!

nitrousn

I hear you on the over thinking part. I have done glass replacement on other cars and the holes just had me wondering. I agree on the blocks just setting there. The diagram I posted was from a member here so I was hoping to get his response. Being that he noted a measurement had my curiosity to weather the blocks in that era somehow fastened into the hole. If I do not get an answer I will just seal the holes and set the blocks over them. Thanks for your input at least someone responded. Merry Christmas.

AKcharger