News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anybody ever reunite with your old car?

Started by jayco91, December 20, 2020, 06:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayco91

Anybody have any luck buying back a car that you wished you never sold?  I sold my 69 Charger back in 2010. :brickwall: I bought it in Selkirk NY in 1994. Took a while but got it the body and paint done. Original R4 red in Lacquer. Black vinyl top. Replaced the 360 with a correct for car 1969 318. Black bucket seats with buddy seat, column shift, AC ect.. . Sold it to get something else, was getting board or so I thought. Ended up buying a 1970 Dodge Challenger SE loaded up in 2011. Still after all these years still miss my charger. Was resold in Syracuse NY in 2012. May be interested in a trade up or down for my old charger. What sites have you used in trying to locate a specific car? Just ones like these, bookface, craiglist and hope you get lucky. I know its a long shot but it has been a long year for me and still miss the one that "got away".

Kern Dog

In 1983, I sold my first car, a '69 Dart. The next year, I saw it in a self serve junkyard UNwrecked. I don't know why it would have been junked, there wasn't any damage visible on it though many parts were gone by then.

70 sublime

First Charger I ever drove on the road was a 68 with a 318 in it back in the mid 80's

Was a very none rotted car when I had it
Sold it off because I was young and married with kids and building a house

Came across it again about 10 years later but did not have enough spare cash to buy it back again
It was sitting in a shed in the back row with a bunch of other mopar projects

Never go back
Just keep moving forward and looking for something better
That is what I have done and think I have better toys now than just keeping my first one
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

4cruzin

Hmmm I still have my first car and I'm 56 . . .  :angel:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

gtx6970

I looked for it the past  year or so and cant find it. But I sold my 1969 GTX conv early 2000s or so time frame. B5 blue, with blue and white interior, white top, 440 and column shift auto

Thats pretty much the only car I would have liked to have back over the car I currently own.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

cdr

I sold My 68 GTS383 Dart in the early 80's, found it still alive a few years ago, still in Texas.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

jayco91

smithenhiven

A year or so ago I was driving around in my somewhat small town, and a 70 Charger passed me.  Thinking I had the only Charger in town, I pulled a quick U-turn and followed the guy.  Luckily he turned into a parking lot, so I pulled in behind him.  Told him I too had a 70 Charger at home, so we exchanged numbers because it's always nice to have a fellow mopar buddy in town.

Well turns out, his car used to belong to my dad.  It was the last Charger he owned, and was a huge influence on me as a kid.  It's weird that the car wound up back in our town, when my dad sold it, it went more than an hour away (the new owner bought it from the family my dad sold it to).

I always wondered where that car wound up, and now its in good hands with a local mopar friend.

ACUDANUT

Kern Dog

I almost did.
She left me and after a couple of months, she visited one morning...after I had a one night stand that had just left about an hour earlier. The condom wrapper was on the floor. She didn't notice.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: jayco91 on December 21, 2020, 08:44:25 PM
and yes I do have the vin.

Post the VIN.   I can check my old database from the 69 Charger Registry and forward the VIN to Shawn Boyle who now runs it...
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

6pkrtse

I keep hearing stories about my old first car, a 70 Charger R/T. I do know it still exists. I have been trying for year to get in touch with the current owner to buy it back with no luck. The people who know about it say he doesn't want to be bothered. I can respect that. Even if he doesn't want to sell it I would still like to talk to him and maybe even see it.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

jayco91

BrianShaughnessy

Yes.
Bought '78.   Sold 80/81?
Bought back '09.  Took awhile to finish.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: jayco91 on December 26, 2020, 10:03:52 AM
Vin # is xp29f9b358912

Last note I had for that car was that it was in Clay, NY.  It was for sale on eBay with a BIN price of 22.5k.  This was on 2/14/2012.....no other record after that
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

jayco91

Arigmaster

I should only be so lucky to even find where my '68 went. Tried to track it down but have no idea who bought it from the Dealer in St. Louis. They won't tell me but they did tell me the new owner took the wing off of it. (I would assume the fender scoops and 6 pack scoop hood were removed too) In my own opinion it would be worth finding because there was next to zero body filler on the entire car and zero rust when it was completed. I was forced to sell it by court order and didn't break even on it. (nothing for 4 years labor) Now I can't even find one for double what mine went for so I guess I will never get another one. That's life...

AKcharger

ARIMASTER - Holy smokes welcome back it's been ages!

I keep in touch with the guy who bought my '70 and get to see it on occasion...I even bought my Slots back from him!

Kern Dog

chargered

Not yet, haven't been able to find it.  I had a 66 GTO in high school.

Arigmaster

Quote from: AKcharger on January 09, 2021, 09:46:55 PM
ARIMASTER - Holy smokes welcome back it's been ages!

Thanks, I visit now and then but don't always sign in. Sometimes looking to see if someone may show up with my old car but without the build I did on it I probably wouldn't recognize it anyway...

I keep in touch with the guy who bought my '70 and get to see it on occasion...I even bought my Slots back from him!