News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fuel filter lines

Started by frank1966, December 23, 2020, 08:15:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frank1966

Hello,

So I noticed that I have a 5/16 rubber hose squeezed onto the 3/8 nipple on my edelbrock carb. I have 5/16 lines all around. What are my options?

1. Leave it as is?

2. Get a 3/8 hose with filter and and 3/8 to 5/16 in line adaptor?

I cannot find an adaptor coming off the carb - I would need a 5/8 20 with a 5/16 nipple for the hose, I only see 5/8 with a 3/8 nipple.

My hose goes directly to the fuel pump from the carb - no hard lines

frank1966

I found on classic industries a fuel filter/vapor separator? My car did not come with this - 440. Is this necessary? I would need to also run a line back to the tank right.

b5blue

You will need the bigger fuel tank pick up/sender, new line to pump, bigger line clips, correct pump and pump to carb. lines. Use existing fuel line as return for vapor separator.  :scratchchin: That's a lot of crap...is it running okay?

frank1966

yes running fine, just curious if its at all necessary

b5blue

If it's not broke do not fix it. (How I hung on to my 70 for 25 years.)

Mebsuta

Quote from: frank1966 on December 23, 2020, 08:15:22 PM
Hello,

So I noticed that I have a 5/16 rubber hose squeezed onto the 3/8 nipple on my edelbrock carb. I have 5/16 lines all around. What are my options?

1. Leave it as is?

Mine RR is the same and been like that since about 1994.  I have looked around a little bit for a 5/16 fitting for that carb and never found one I liked, so I left it alone.