News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone running an A41 Tremec Auto Transmission from Silversport? Big Block /Hemi

Started by chapel40, December 27, 2020, 05:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chapel40

Anyone running an A41 Tremec Auto Transmission from Silversport? Big Block /Hemi
  Im about to buy a transmission for My 71 charger with a gen 2 hemi, would like some feedback on the transmission and the controller. It does not tell a lot about the controller on their site and would like to know how hard or soft you can shift and RPM selections etc. Thanks in advance!!
Don Chapel

Mike DC

Your project sounds like it will weigh most of 2 tons and probably have 500+ inches and real horsepower.  And I'm guessing you don't want stock bias-ply tires.  

The "A41" is a modified GM 4L60E, AKA an electronic 700r4.  It's probably safe behind a 383 cruiser but your car is something else.  

Kern Dog

Their transmissions start off as a stock unit but are modified to take far more abuse than a stock unit. I recall that they had 3 power levels for that transmission.

flyinlow

Put one in my son's 70 Charger. (mild 440) works fine so far. The 3.06 first gear along with putting a 4:10 axle in really wakes up first gear. Drives nice. Snug fit, engineered well. I ran across a 450 ft.lbs rated one for a great price.
He only drives it 2K. a year. When /if it breaks we'll fix it. Two small dents in tunnel to clear. You don't see under carpet.