News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got a 2020 T/A 392 auto Challenger

Started by cdr, December 30, 2020, 11:46:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdr

Got me a new daily driver, so far I REALLY like it, am on the fence about selling the Charger. My health is on a steady decline so we will just see how things go.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver

70 sublime

Fine
I will give you $5 000 for the 68 because it needs a new hood and has that cloths line on the back  :rofl:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Aero426

Looks good.   Sell the old stuff if you care to and enjoy life.     

Fitz73Chrgr

Sorry to hear about your health.  Hope all goes well.  The T/A looks awesome in black.  6 speed or auto?
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

cdr

Quote from: Fitz73Chrgr on December 30, 2020, 12:22:38 PM
Sorry to hear about your health.  Hope all goes well.  The T/A looks awesome in black.  6 speed or auto?
its an auto

70 sublime

cdr

70 sublime

Quote from: cdr on December 30, 2020, 02:22:33 PM
Quote from: 70 sublime on December 30, 2020, 01:47:47 PM
Better question

Which car is faster ?

The Charger is MUCH faster

Well until you start to tinker with the new one

cdr

HANDM

Nice, I bought a F8 2018 T/A 5.7 for my wife last year.
She wanted a Challenger, loves F8 green, her name is Tasha or TA for short so it was a perfect fit!

RallyeMike

For a new car, it does not get much better than an all black TA. Congrats.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Kern Dog

The Challenger is a mid 12 second car from what I have read.
Declining health? That sucks! Nothing the Drs can do to help you out ?

67440chrg

Great new car. Sorry about your health. I hope you get feeling better.

cdr

Quote from: Kern Dog on December 31, 2020, 01:22:50 AM
The Challenger is a mid 12 second car from what I have read.
Declining health? That sucks! Nothing the Drs can do to help you out ?

Kidney cancer survivor,,,,  Multiple Sclerosis is the evil monster in my live, nothing like being 58 Years old but feel like & have the physical abilities of an 80 years old

cdr

Also thanks for all the support I get from Y'all !!!!! :2thumbs:

XH29N0G

I didn't realize your situation and it makes me admire the attitude and things you do even more. You are a huge positive part of this community and an example for all of us.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

funknut

Birdflu

Great looking car! I agree with XH29NOG in regards to your attitude and current health situation. Hope the new year brings you good health and plenty of time to burn the tires off both of those sinister black cars!  :2thumbs:

c00nhunterjoe

Nice car. Dont sell the charger, its too you. Hope the drs can get you managed and comfortable.

1970Moparmann

Keep fighting and KEEP both cars!   The Charger is you.... Keep your head up! :2thumbs:

Challenger looks awesome! :cheers: :cheers:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Q5XX29

Sorry to hear about your worsening health. Are you a candidate for a stem cell transplant ?  Both of your Mopars are awesome; it is really nice to have an old one AND a new one to enjoy, if possible.  :cheers:
dakota_gt on Instagram

BSB67

Nice looking car Charlie.

My wife and I went shopping for a new vehicle before Christmas.  Came across a Challenger w/ shaker hood and manual tranny.  Just the way I would want it.  Bought a Dodge Grand Caravan.  Ugh.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

cdr

Quote from: XH29N0G on December 31, 2020, 06:56:59 PM

I didn't realize your situation and it makes me admire the attitude and things you do even more. You are a huge positive part of this community and an example for all of us.

before 2011 when I was Diagnosed, I was self employed, doing general auto repair, working on Race cars, & building hot rod Harleys, small flow bench , Motorcycle Dyno,drag racing Harleys, well I had a REALLY bad MS attack & was no longer able to Ride Motorcycles, had to close the shop & a GREAT friend hired me at a shop I used to work at, but I could only work about 2 hours a day & some days none at all, I sold my Dyno & my Harley & that just FLUSHED my toilet, was pretty down, & had a thought, my 1st love & 1st car was a black 68 Charger I had gotten when I was about 13,14ish, I got it running but had to sell it, so with the Dyno & Harley money I went on a search for a 68 Charger, it took awhile & found one in Bonham Tx,I live it Texas but it was a LONG drive from Southeast Texas to north Tx, made a deal on the phone,grabbed a trailer & drove to Bonham, bought the Charger & drove that junk right up on the trailer, The Charger has by all rights saved my sanity & life, some days I could get a little work done & then go inside for the day & some days NONE at all, all those 30 min here, hour or 3 there & before I knew it it was a complete running driving Charger, working on it kept my mind thinking & my body moving even when it HURT LIKE HELL, it gave me a purpose to live & not give up, I was & still am unemployable, MS is an EVIL Disease , not telling all this for sympathy, just sharing a small part of my story, if I do sell the Charger I would NOT give up, I will just focus my efforts on the Challenger, just not as radical as the Charger, Thank you for the positive support, DC.COM & its members has been the BEST for me, I am TRULY grateful to ALL of Y'all, even people like Corn Holio , they get my blood boiling & it helps me remember that I am alive LMAO,Yesterday the wife said she has no problem if I keep the Charger, I just fear breaking the engine or trans & I just cant do that heavy work anymore, when I drive the Charger I do rip on it, it drives so dang good, drivability is like a bone stock 440 with the Hilborn EFI until you hit the loud pedal, Thanks again for all the support.

Also thank you Russ, sorry about the Caravan :(  middle of this month there is a car show drag race @ Houston Raceway Park, I might take both cars.        

cdr

Quote from: Q5XX29 on January 02, 2021, 03:06:26 AM
Sorry to hear about your worsening health. Are you a candidate for a stem cell transplant ?  Both of your Mopars are awesome; it is really nice to have an old one AND a new one to enjoy, if possible.  :cheers:

Stem cell treatment is VERY expensive & not a cure, mostly gives short term relief  , One of my best friends has MS & he has done ALL things involving stem cell treatments to no avail , he has spent 100's of thousands out of pocket, insurance will NOT cover any of it, BUT I REALLY appreciate the thought, more than you know.

green69rt

Quote from: cdr on January 02, 2021, 09:54:01 PM

before 2011 when I was Diagnosed, I was self employed, doing general auto repair, working on Race cars, & building hot rod Harleys, small flow bench , Motorcycle Dyno,drag racing Harleys, well I had a REALLY bad MS attack & was no longer able to Ride Motorcycles, had to close the shop & a GREAT friend hired me at a shop I used to work at, but I could only work about 2 hours a day & some days none at all, I sold my Dyno & my Harley & that just FLUSHED my toilet, was pretty down, & had a thought, my 1st love & 1st car was a black 68 Charger I had gotten when I was about 13,14ish, I got it running but had to sell it, so with the Dyno & Harley money I went on a search for a 68 Charger, it took awhile & found one in Bonham Tx,I live it Texas but it was a LONG drive from Southeast Texas to north Tx, made a deal on the phone,grabbed a trailer & drove to Bonham, bought the Charger & drove that junk right up on the trailer, The Charger has by all rights saved my sanity & life, some days I could get a little work done & then go inside for the day & some days NONE at all, all those 30 min here, hour or 3 there & before I knew it it was a complete running driving Charger, working on it kept my mind thinking & my body moving even when it HURT LIKE HELL, it gave me a purpose to live & not give up, I was & still am unemployable, MS is an EVIL Disease , not telling all this for sympathy, just sharing a small part of my story, if I do sell the Charger I would NOT give up, I will just focus my efforts on the Challenger, just not as radical as the Charger, Thank you for the positive support, DC.COM & its members has been the BEST for me, I am TRULY grateful to ALL of Y'all, even people like Corn Holio , they get my blood boiling & it helps me remember that I am alive LMAO,Yesterday the wife said she has no problem if I keep the Charger, I just fear breaking the engine or trans & I just cant do that heavy work anymore, when I drive the Charger I do rip on it, it drives so dang good, drivability is like a bone stock 440 with the Hilborn EFI until you hit the loud pedal, Thanks again for all the support.

Also thank you Russ, sorry about the Caravan :(  middle of this month there is a car show drag race @ Houston Raceway Park, I might take both cars.        

Hey Charlie, I'm back in town and always available to give a helping hand if you need it.  Sounds like you just can't keep you hands off of fast cars, can you?

tan top

:iagree:   Sorry to hear this Charlie !  I did not realise the extent of your situation , your 68 looks a mean mutha ,  nothing can replace a second generation Charger ! but nothing is  like a new / modern car  , when you have health problems  just jump in & go with all the modern stuff in side etc when your health is not 100%  , last thing you need is stress of an old car no matter how good it is !  I know only too well  ::)
challenger looks good ! ideal every day transport ! keep both if you can !  my head would be saying ! sell the charger ! my heart would be saying keep it , we are all going to have to make that tough decision sooner or later !
     good luck Charlie  wish you all the best , in what ever you do , hope the Docs hospitals can sort something out for you  :cheers:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

TexasStroker

Congrats on the new ride, Charlie...looks sweet!
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

cdr

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

gtx6970

A very good friend of mine sold his Daytona, and 58 Chrysler 300 convertibles a few years back. He was thinking buy something similar to one or the other,,,,,, only Done.

It took him a few years but he finally bought himself a B5 blue Challenger hellcat, demon wide body. it shares garage space with his 70 Cuda Hemi power AAR and a low mile Buick GN turbo And he has no interest in buying vintage iron again.
He loves the Challenger but each of 3 cars offer something different to him

Todd Wilson

Quote from: gtx6970 on January 05, 2021, 09:28:49 PM
A very good friend of mine sold his Daytona, and 58 Chrysler 300 convertibles a few years back. He was thinking buy something similar to one or the other,,,,,, only Done.

It took him a few years but he finally bought himself a B5 blue Challenger hellcat, demon wide body. it shares garage space with his 70 Cuda Hemi power AAR and a low mile Buick GN turbo And he has no interest in buying vintage iron again.
He loves the Challenger but each of 3 cars offer something different to him

I have thought about doing this myself. Get a new Challenger and have  the best in brakes, AC and Cruise   Nice ride and lots of HP and never look back on the old stuff.

Todd