News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got a 2020 T/A 392 auto Challenger

Started by cdr, December 30, 2020, 11:46:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

green69rt

Quote from: cdr on January 02, 2021, 09:54:01 PM
Quote from: XH29N0G on December 31, 2020, 06:56:59 PM

I didn't realize your situation and it makes me admire the attitude and things you do even more. You are a huge positive part of this community and an example for all of us.

before 2011 when I was Diagnosed, I was self employed, doing general auto repair, working on Race cars, & building hot rod Harleys, small flow bench , Motorcycle Dyno,drag racing Harleys, well I had a REALLY bad MS attack & was no longer able to Ride Motorcycles, had to close the shop & a GREAT friend hired me at a shop I used to work at, but I could only work about 2 hours a day & some days none at all, I sold my Dyno & my Harley & that just FLUSHED my toilet, was pretty down, & had a thought, my 1st love & 1st car was a black 68 Charger I had gotten when I was about 13,14ish, I got it running but had to sell it, so with the Dyno & Harley money I went on a search for a 68 Charger, it took awhile & found one in Bonham Tx,I live it Texas but it was a LONG drive from Southeast Texas to north Tx, made a deal on the phone,grabbed a trailer & drove to Bonham, bought the Charger & drove that junk right up on the trailer, The Charger has by all rights saved my sanity & life, some days I could get a little work done & then go inside for the day & some days NONE at all, all those 30 min here, hour or 3 there & before I knew it it was a complete running driving Charger, working on it kept my mind thinking & my body moving even when it HURT LIKE HELL, it gave me a purpose to live & not give up, I was & still am unemployable, MS is an EVIL Disease , not telling all this for sympathy, just sharing a small part of my story, if I do sell the Charger I would NOT give up, I will just focus my efforts on the Challenger, just not as radical as the Charger, Thank you for the positive support, DC.COM & its members has been the BEST for me, I am TRULY grateful to ALL of Y'all, even people like Corn Holio , they get my blood boiling & it helps me remember that I am alive LMAO,Yesterday the wife said she has no problem if I keep the Charger, I just fear breaking the engine or trans & I just cant do that heavy work anymore, when I drive the Charger I do rip on it, it drives so dang good, drivability is like a bone stock 440 with the Hilborn EFI until you hit the loud pedal, Thanks again for all the support.

Also thank you Russ, sorry about the Caravan :(  middle of this month there is a car show drag race @ Houston Raceway Park, I might take both cars.        

Hey Charlie, I'm back in town and always available to give a helping hand if you need it.  Sounds like you just can't keep you hands off of fast cars, can you?

tan top

Quote from: XH29N0G on December 31, 2020, 06:56:59 PM

I didn't realize your situation and it makes me admire the attitude and things you do even more. You are a huge positive part of this community and an example for all of us.

:iagree:   Sorry to hear this Charlie !  I did not realise the extent of your situation , your 68 looks a mean mutha ,  nothing can replace a second generation Charger ! but nothing is  like a new / modern car  , when you have health problems  just jump in & go with all the modern stuff in side etc when your health is not 100%  , last thing you need is stress of an old car no matter how good it is !  I know only too well  ::)
challenger looks good ! ideal every day transport ! keep both if you can !  my head would be saying ! sell the charger ! my heart would be saying keep it , we are all going to have to make that tough decision sooner or later !
     good luck Charlie  wish you all the best , in what ever you do , hope the Docs hospitals can sort something out for you  :cheers:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

TexasStroker

Congrats on the new ride, Charlie...looks sweet!
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

gtx6970

A very good friend of mine sold his Daytona, and 58 Chrysler 300 convertibles a few years back. He was thinking buy something similar to one or the other,,,,,, only Done.

It took him a few years but he finally bought himself a B5 blue Challenger hellcat, demon wide body. it shares garage space with his 70 Cuda Hemi power AAR and a low mile Buick GN turbo And he has no interest in buying vintage iron again.
He loves the Challenger but each of 3 cars offer something different to him

Todd Wilson

Quote from: gtx6970 on January 05, 2021, 09:28:49 PM
A very good friend of mine sold his Daytona, and 58 Chrysler 300 convertibles a few years back. He was thinking buy something similar to one or the other,,,,,, only Done.

It took him a few years but he finally bought himself a B5 blue Challenger hellcat, demon wide body. it shares garage space with his 70 Cuda Hemi power AAR and a low mile Buick GN turbo And he has no interest in buying vintage iron again.
He loves the Challenger but each of 3 cars offer something different to him

I have thought about doing this myself. Get a new Challenger and have  the best in brakes, AC and Cruise   Nice ride and lots of HP and never look back on the old stuff.

Todd