News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Malcolms Daytona on E-bay

Started by Wingnut426, January 01, 2021, 08:36:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingnut426

HEMI Daytona Convertible

69_500

It is a nice car, but in my opinion that price tag is about $120-140K too high.
When you compare it to other cars for sale currently, it doesn't measure up to say Johns car which is $35k less than that asking price. It would take one $50-75k to get this silver car anywhere close to that level if not more.

gtx6970

Danny I respect your opinion. But to say this car is only worth $150 k or so is nuts

Best I remember it is the only A4 with red 4 spd car known correct ? If so that alone pushes it above pretty much ANY other similar cond Daytona

Im not say the car is worth $350K by any means . The car has been for sale off and on for several years and has ALWAYS above what current market will bear

Last I head both Bob and Sharon were both in long term care facilities so the family is selling off vehicles.
And I think most of the non wingcars are gone. Not sure of the wingcars are still there

erndog

that way too much for that car rare yes valuable yes as well just too much $$$

held1823

double check your math. danny's estimate is in the low 200's, not 150k.

if the car was worth the asking price, it would have sold ages ago

the only place it will bring anywhere near the ask is perhaps mecum, where dollars outrank sense
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

B54SPEED

With the rear 1/4's being replaced and heavy undercoat  (way more than J55) I don't think 69_500 is to far off with his estimate.
Add says the restoration is 25 years old. In my opinion the restoration bar has been raised quite a bit in the last 25 years.
last thing as much as I hate to say it sleepy creepy Joe is on the way in  :flame:  

Birdflu

Quote from: held1823 on January 01, 2021, 02:35:19 PM

the only place it will bring anywhere near the ask is perhaps mecum, where dollars outrank sense

I concur...

odcics2

Quote from: B54SPEED on January 01, 2021, 02:40:25 PM
With the rear 1/4's being replaced and heavy undercoat  (way more than J55) I don't think 69_500 is to far off with his estimate.
Add says the restoration is 25 years old. In my opinion the restoration bar has been raised quite a bit in the last 25 years.
last thing as much as I hate to say it sleepy creepy Joe is on the way in  :flame:  

What the hell does your last comment have to do with the value of a silver Daytona???  :shruggy:
The election is over.  Time to move forward!   :2thumbs:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

B54SPEED

Quote from: odcics2 on January 01, 2021, 06:28:46 PM

What the hell does your last comment have to do with the value of a silver Daytona???  :shruggy:

OK

odcics2

Quote from: B54SPEED on January 01, 2021, 07:39:40 PM
Quote from: odcics2 on January 01, 2021, 06:28:46 PM

OK

:cheers:

gtx6970

Quote from: held1823 on January 01, 2021, 02:35:19 PM

I never said it was worth the asking price. But project Daytonas seems to be near $100k and average Daytonas seem to be trading in the 150 and up range.
I know the car, and IMO is above average. And yes done 25 years ago is something . But the hobby has NOT progressed enough to say this car is ' average'.
Also, IMO to bring it up to todays standards . could be done for far far less than 50-75 K , Again , just MY opinion

Is $325K feasable? Not a chance. But I think something in the mid 200K range the car would move.
Question is, Will the family let it go for that. IMO ,,,,,,,no

69_500

I get what your saying Bill. Yes the car is "above average" as far as restored Daytonas go. Is it OE? No. Does it look great? Absolutely.

The color combo can be a plus or a minus for any car. To the right person that color combo might be a must have. To me it isn't. Its unusual but not a must have.

I personally think this car is a $185-210 car in todays market. Yes that's a wide margin but just saying at some auctions it might be lower and be around $185 or could go as high as a $210 to the right two buyers bidding it up.

All I was trying to say with my earlier comment was that this car does not even come close to accuracy to Johns car.

Sgt Superbird

...if I sell my Bird, my '70 T/A, and my '15 Shaker Challenger...

...I still wouldn't have enough!

And yes, this one is awesome, but "John's" is awesomer.  :yesnod:

odcics2

Quote from: Sgt Superbird on January 02, 2021, 12:45:13 PM
...if I sell my Bird, my '70 T/A, and my '15 Shaker Challenger...

...I still wouldn't have enough!

And yes, this one is awesome, but "John's" is awesomer.  :yesnod:

John's car is fantastic. 

:cheers:

triple_green

What was the high bid on this, it doesn't say on Ebay.

Thanks!
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

Sgt Superbird

The eBay listing wasn't an auction, that I saw. It was $325K or best offer, as in a want ad.

kiwitrev

i see reference in several comments to "johns car" it johns car a 4 speed that is for sale? as most of you can tell by my picture i have a Daytona and a Superbird both 440 4 barrel bucket seat documented numbers cars i would like a 4 speed and would give up both the current cars for a really nice 4 speed
if it was easy anyone could do it

joining the list my cars group
69 Daytona
70 superbird
66 charger
60 corvette
63 corvette split window
tesla S
96 bronco
10 aston DBS
64 DB5
59 custom cpe deville
TR4
lotus super 7
GTD40
32 roadster and coupe
62 nova57 chev 210 hard top

kiwitrev

Quote from: 69_500 on January 01, 2021, 12:32:36 PM
It is a nice car, but in my opinion that price tag is about $120-140K too high.
When you compare it to other cars for sale currently, it doesn't measure up to say Johns car which is $35k less than that asking price. It would take one $50-75k to get this silver car anywhere close to that level if not more.
so i have looked at the listing for "johns car" and it is not a comp for Malcom's car. One is a 3 speed bucket seat one of one color combo the other is a bench seat automatic in a relatively common color. both well loved be serious almost fanatical long term owners. both older restorations (more than 10 years. also both have been for sale for more than a year and at the top end of the market but non motivated owners
as for me ignoring price i would not be a buyer for johns car, i am not interested in a bench seat.
if it was easy anyone could do it

joining the list my cars group
69 Daytona
70 superbird
66 charger
60 corvette
63 corvette split window
tesla S
96 bronco
10 aston DBS
64 DB5
59 custom cpe deville
TR4
lotus super 7
GTD40
32 roadster and coupe
62 nova57 chev 210 hard top

6bblgt

since ZERO 1969 Chargers (Daytonas included) had bench seats, you might want to look again  :shruggy: