News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Your Sr Class Song?

Started by RallyeMike, January 02, 2021, 10:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RallyeMike

For fun, .....if you can remember it, ... if you had one..... what was your 12th grade Sr. class song?

Mine was Ramble On, by Led Zeppelin.

"The time has come to be gone
And though our health we drank a thousand times
It's time to ramble on"
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

AKcharger

Quote from: RallyeMike on January 02, 2021, 10:10:32 PM
Mine was Ramble On, by Led Zeppelin.

"The time has come to be gone
And though our health we drank a thousand times
It's time to ramble on"

Holy Sh#%% you're old!!  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

RallyeMike

Wadddaya mean? I could still remember it.

(the song was 13 years old at the time).
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

BrianShaughnessy

Way back in '79 it was 'Old Days' by Chicago.    I forgot what I voted for but it certainly wasn't that.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

AKcharger

Quote from: RallyeMike on January 03, 2021, 06:51:19 AM
Wadddaya mean? I could still remember it.

(the song was 13 years old at the time).

I'm just messing with ya' I was class of '83

RallyeMike

QuoteI'm just messing with ya' I was class of '83

Whippersnapper!

QuoteWay back in '79 it was 'Old Days' by Chicago.    I forgot what I voted for but it certainly wasn't that.

As I recall there was a bunch of lame, sappy stuff nominated and a large group of guys got together and agreed to all write in "Ramble On"...., and the rest is history. Some people were not happy   :lol:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1973 Charger "T/A"

tcs69rt

Zeppelin rules! I had the IV album on 8-track in my 73 Monte Carlo lol graduated in 1985. Our Principal played the first 2 minutes of "Eminence Front" by The Who (before the vocals started) as a cue for us to get to homeroom for morning announcements. I swear that dude was probably toking on a bong some days haha!  :rofl:
"Life ain't easy when you rode the short bus."

RallyeMike

Funny enough, I was not a Zep fan until after high school.... and then I began to appreciate them more. In High School 79-82 I was into older stuff like Hendrix, Cream, Animals, Vanilla Fudge, ....anything psychedelic (mid 60's to early 70's). Zep came along later with interest in similar bands.... Deep Purple, Rainbow, Rush, Sabbath, UFO, pre-Eliminator ZZ top,... (70's hard rock) which wasn't quite as antiquated amongst my peers.

They made good music for a few decades. It's 90% recycled garbage now. About the only NEW stuff I can listen to now is Outlaw Country or classic styles like Blues, Zydeco, etc.  New pop is sickenly bad, rap is crap, metal is now just guttural screaming to a wall of sound...... There are exceptions of course.

Curmudgeonly rant over.

:punkrocka:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1973 Charger "T/A"

4cruzin

Mine was Crazy Train by Ozzy . . . we were crazy.   ::)
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

b5blue

1973 for us Steely Dan was new and fresh. We went to a concert by Chicago just to see Steely open for them. 3 on-cores with everyone chanting Steely Dan! When Chicago came out the entire Tampa Stadium started booing them.  :lol: 

chargered

That is way too long ago to remember anything for me..........I can hardly remember last week.. ;)

73-charger-383

Share the land, by the guess who....they were somewhat local (an hour north) and 20

years ahead of time (class of 97) but it still seem to fit.

odcics2

Quote from: chargered on June 27, 2021, 10:07:57 AM
That is way too long ago to remember anything for me..........I can hardly remember last week.. ;)

High school??  1974!   
My class song sucked. That's all I remember!!
I didn't vote for it!!
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?