News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

how long should a wing car take to sell

Started by kiwitrev, January 08, 2021, 12:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiwitrev

Hi i have a small and getting smaller collection that includes two wing cars. my interest in selling any of my cars is not money but reducing the number of cars i would take with me when i retire and move possibly to another country NZ, England or France. i bought my first wing within a few months of deciding i wanted one and within hours of it being put up for sale. i don't think i am the normal buyer i see other cars stay for sale for months even years. is it a price thing or do some cars just have bad history that scares off some buyers.
answering my own question i did not even consider bench seat cars, recent restorations or car with any replaced sheet metal.
so when i decide i want to have one or the other "go away" how much time should i allow to get a fair price.
if it was easy anyone could do it

joining the list my cars group
69 Daytona
70 superbird
66 charger
60 corvette
63 corvette split window
tesla S
96 bronco
10 aston DBS
64 DB5
59 custom cpe deville
TR4
lotus super 7
GTD40
32 roadster and coupe
62 nova57 chev 210 hard top

Sgt Superbird

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,64519.msg722096.html#msg722096

Sorry! I posted this on the wrong thread. You asked in another post about "John's" car. This is the link that should answer your question.

kiwitrev

thanks it has a lot to read so sending him a measage
if it was easy anyone could do it

joining the list my cars group
69 Daytona
70 superbird
66 charger
60 corvette
63 corvette split window
tesla S
96 bronco
10 aston DBS
64 DB5
59 custom cpe deville
TR4
lotus super 7
GTD40
32 roadster and coupe
62 nova57 chev 210 hard top

70 sublime

Quote from: kiwitrev on January 08, 2021, 12:35:46 PM
Hi i have a small and getting smaller collection that includes two wing cars. my interest in selling any of my cars is not money but reducing the number of cars i would take with me when i retire and move possibly to another country NZ, England or France. i bought my first wing within a few months of deciding i wanted one and within hours of it being put up for sale. i don't think i am the normal buyer i see other cars stay for sale for months even years. is it a price thing or do some cars just have bad history that scares off some buyers.
answering my own question i did not even consider bench seat cars, recent restorations or car with any replaced sheet metal.
so when i decide i want to have one or the other "go away" how much time should i allow to get a fair price.

Who gets to decide what a fair price is ??

Most wing cars seem to start with a high price then come down till it sells if they really want to sell them
Some prices never come down but sooner or later the market value catches up to the asking price

A quick sale usually means you did not ask enough and it will be relisted for more very soon

If you know a car guy that wants one to enjoy and use as is vs an investor and make them a deal with car guy to benefit both parties that works too 

PS I really would like to have a real Daytona some day  ;) ;)
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

69_500

Your Daytona, did it come out of Pennsylvania? With a multi layer lacquer paint job on it?

Golden-Arm

you could try doing what the superbird seller in ny is trying. every year or so, that it doesn't sell, just raise the price by 100K, and wait for the buyers to come knocking on your door. last time i looked, it was over 400K for a six barrel bird. i remember when it first listed, for around 180.  :shruggy: (i'm betting it sells once it gets to 600!!!)

Aero426

Assuming both cars are priced to sell for whatever that future market may be,  as long as it's fair for both parties, the Daytona will be the easiest to sell.    Cars with the best known histories and no stories are always easier to sell.    But like that A4 Daytona with the red interior and stripe,   it's a great looking car, but the age of the restoration does not support the price.   if it's on the market forever, even if it is one of one, the price is too high. 

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Aero426 on January 10, 2021, 08:01:55 PM
Assuming both cars are priced to sell for whatever that future market may be,  as long as it's fair for both parties, the Daytona will be the easiest to sell.    Cars with the best known histories and no stories are always easier to sell.    But like that A4 Daytona with the red interior and stripe,   it's a great looking car, but the age of the restoration does not support the price.   if it's on the market forever, even if it is one of one, the price is too high. 

The Daytona will be the high ticket item.