News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Retro battery kit

Started by ALBSURE1091, January 08, 2021, 03:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALBSURE1091

I had a Turbostart retro battery in my car for 5 years now. Well it finally needed replacing and new go upwards of 350 bucks now. Found this kit on Ebay item # 312326380356 and you can make a modern battery look old school. Looks pretty nice.

darbgnik

Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

Hemidog

Ordered. Thanks for the tip  :cheers:

ALBSURE1091

thanks. Hardest part is finding a battery that will look the best. Also make sure you clean it real good when you remove the labels off. The Turbo start battery is nice but honestly the performance is not the best. Found myself recharging it often and for $350 you shouldn't have to. Going this route gives you the look & saves you about $100.
Stay safe out there everyone!

Hemidog

I found some batteries that were the same shape and size, but they were silver cadmium, and they are all in grey plastic, so I had to repaint it black  :lol:
It's was nice of the ebay seller to sell the stickers separately, for future battery replacements.

ALBSURE1091

I actually picked mine up at Walmart for $135.00. Everstart was the brand and it was 700 CCA.