News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Heater unit

Started by frank1966, January 08, 2021, 09:23:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frank1966

Hello,

What do the 2 tubes at the bottom of the heat unit do? Iam reinstalling mine and having a hard time getting one of these tubes to fit through the firewall

70 sublime

Condensation water drip out so it does not leak inside the car interior
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

frank1966

Thanks, i am having a very hard time getting it in on drivers side. I got in everything in on the passenger side

GreenMachine

The one on the left connects to the fan motor with a 90° hose. I think it's to keep the motor cool. The one on the right is a condensation drain for the evaporator.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

70 sublime

Quote from: GreenMachine on January 09, 2021, 11:32:28 PM
The one on the left connects to the fan motor with a 90° hose. I think it's to keep the motor cool. The one on the right is a condensation drain for the evaporator.

There are 3 pipes coming out of the back

Yes the one beside the big hole goes to the electric fan motor with a rubber elbow and the lower over 2 are drains
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

frank1966

Thanks, related question, does it matter which port I use on vacuum canister ? Is there an orientation? Ports on can are the same size