News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger full body wiring harness

Started by rg69charger, January 14, 2021, 12:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rg69charger

Looking for information an input on the best whole body wiring harness for my 1969 Dodge Charger

cdr

Quote from: rg69charger on January 14, 2021, 12:21:46 PM
Looking for information an input on the best whole body wiring harness for my 1969 Dodge Charger

Year one sells M&H they are the best
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

NHCharger

Yup. What Charley said. Best thing to do is sign up at year one to get an email alert every time they have a new sale code. I bought wiring harnesses for both my 68 and 69. I waited for a 30% off and free shipping over XX amount of dollars sales code, which they do a few times a year.
I have had trouble with the dash harness on my 69. My tail lights stopped working last summer. Ends up a connection in the new fuse box was loose. Then in October while cruising in heavy traffic at 70 mph the motor quit, lost all power, which means no brakes once I used up the vacuum. Turned out to be another loose connection. This time the main power feed in the bulkhead connector. Was able to fix it and get home but not very happy so far with that new harness. Everything else- no issues.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

jlatessa

That's why I went with the Painless set-up.
Made all my connections myself, soldered all
important wires, no bulkhead connections, fused properly, AND
no better way to learn your car's system.

First time I did one, maybe 40 hours or a little more in  time...well worth it.

My 2 cents, Joe

TexasStroker

If you want everything to be stock, plug-and-play, match factory schematics, and don't plan extensive upgrades do as others have said and wait for the big sales at Year One.  They are the only vendor for M&H and imo it is worth waiting for the sale.

If you aren't concerned about everything being 100% factory, I'd go with American Auto Wire.  It is a complete kit that comes with the terminals and sockets.  Most aftermarket offerings will have labelled wires as well which can help you out for a quick fix.  If you are wanting, or needing to replace the factory wiring, I can only assume your sockets and connectors are worse for the wear as well.  The factory system was never designed with an anticipation of what drivers might be doing and installing 50 years later...If you are wanting new technology, it might be best to run with something like AAW.
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

AKcharger

Replace it with anything other than Chinese, which is VERY difficult,   my experience has been 50% of the parts didnt work/fit. 40% had issues i need to fix or modify....the other 10% were great!!!

green69rt

Quote from: rg69charger on January 14, 2021, 12:21:46 PM

Be aware that the bodyharness for you car comes in more than one part.  There are seperate items for, Dash, engine compartment, head lights, tail lights, reverse/neutral switch.  Maybe more.

rg69charger

CDN72SE

I used the 30% code to buy all my YO harnesses.  :2thumbs:
1972 Charger SE

ht4spd307

I also was looking for a complete harness from m&h but they don't seem to have the electric windows set up well what i could find anyway. Does anyone know if they do these and if the harness has the facilities to add the electric window harness .I looked into the harnesses required and there seems to be 13 harnesses needed that's without the window harnesses any idea on what the complete set would cost ?   Thanks guys

BlueSS454

I rewired mine with a Classic Update Harness from American Autowire.  Well worth the investment to get rid of the inadequate original type wiring.  Plenty of extra circuits for other accessories than can handle the additional load.
Tom Rightler