News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Carlisle Hotel rates- Holy Sheit!!

Started by NHCharger, January 22, 2021, 06:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NHCharger

Wife and I have been on the fence on where to stay this year, missed last year for the first time in over ten years. We were planning on trying the Hampton Inn in Mechanicsburg last year for a change of pace. A lot nicer than the usual cockroach hotels we stay at in Carlisle plus ample parking for trailers.
We stayed at the Days Inn 6 years ago next to the Exxon station right off I-81 (wasn't the Days Inn back then). My friend Floyd told me it's much improved with the new owners, the first review I read said it should be condemned -LOL. 
Wife said WTF, let's just stay there anyway, we only use the room to sleep and shower, rest of the time we're gone, and it's only 10 minutes from the Fairgrounds. OK I said, I'll book the room. Wednesday to Sunday, $902.00  :o :o
So I checked out the rates for the Hampton in Mechanicsburg. $555.00 and it's 10x the hotel. The only drawback is the additional 20 minute drive to the fairgrounds. I checked out my reservation for last year, same length of stay $826.00. I'm wondering if Hampton has forgotten to jack their rates for the car show yet.
Anyway, we are staying at the Hampton. Will be nice to have a semi-clean room for a change. :cheers:
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Kern Dog

They may have dropped their rates to entice people since the industry took a pretty hard hit last year.

Old Moparz

I stopped staying in Carlisle ages ago because of the hotel cost. If the difference was minimal, say $20 to $30 a night, I'd probably pay it to be closer to the fairgrounds. The difference is unfortunately way more than that, & I just can't justify it. I've been staying 3 nights for the price of one just outside the area & take a back road in so I'm only 20 minutes from the fairgrounds. It's not a 5 star hotel but it's in way better shape than several of the ones in Carlisle I've stayed in. The best part is there is a diner right next to it to sit down in & have breakfast before going to the show.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

NHCharger

Bob, that sounds like a good deal. With my truck and trailer I'm at 46' so I'm limited to hotels that have trailer or bus parking.
I was actually chatting with my boss yesterday and mentioned we were heading to Carlisle and staying at a nice hotel for a change, the Hampton Inn. He reminded me that we built a 86 room Hampton Inn & Suites in Kittery, ME two years ago (I was the job super). He is also one of the owners so he's going to check to see if he can get me an employee discount. That would mean more money for car parts  :cheers:
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel