News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona question

Started by 70 sublime, January 23, 2021, 10:31:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70 sublime

I kind of ran into this question last week when I was working on the 70 Charger project
Seems the former owner replaced the front inner fenders but used 69 parts
So now i have the empty holes along the front of inner fender that the 69 fender used to mount to along the edge of rad support

So what did they do with these holes on the Daytona when they took the 69 fenders off and used 70 fenders ?

Did they just leave them open on the Daytona ??
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

hemigeno

Quote from: 70 sublime on January 23, 2021, 10:31:50 PM
I kind of ran into this question last week when I was working on the 70 Charger project
Seems the former owner replaced the front inner fenders but used 69 parts
So now i have the empty holes along the front of inner fender that the 69 fender used to mount to along the edge of rad support

So what did they do with these holes on the Daytona when they took the 69 fenders off and used 70 fenders ?

Did they just leave them open on the Daytona ??

Yes - that's exactly what they did - they left the holes open.  Hamtramck painted the car completely with a '69 front clip in place.  Creative Industries removed the '69 fenders and bolted the (now modified) Daytona fenders to the front of the radiator yoke.  See below for an inner fender shot showing where the '69 fender USED to mate up, with primer and a bit of body-color paint within the '69 fender flange's footprint.  The second photo shows how the Daytona fender is bolted to the yoke.

70 sublime

Thanks
Another interesting detail to save for later on my clone  :2thumbs:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

hemi68charger

Quote from: 70 sublime on January 24, 2021, 01:10:28 PM
Thanks
Another interesting detail to save for later on my clone  :2thumbs:

And you will notice two holes drilled into the radiator core support that were NOT there before to facilitate the 2 bolts (each side) that were used to secure the front fender panels to the core support for the Daytona fender (that 69 Chargers didn't have). You will see the bolt with the j-nut
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection