News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

K frame gussets

Started by flyinlow, January 30, 2021, 04:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyinlow

Installing a Bergenson steering box while the engine is out of the '70. Was thinking of re doing one of the factory welds that's crappy( worst than mine). Maybe adding a couple gussets. Anyone have pictures of ones they have made?

Kern Dog

I would love to. Get THIS site owner to change the phot posting program and the world will open up.
I have all sorts of tech pictures I could post, and DO post elsewhere. A 400 kb limit like there is here is pathetic. Many of my pictures are 3 times that size.

flyinlow

It does not need to be a HD picture.

Kern Dog

My point is that THIS site has a terrible problem in regards to posting pictures. I don't have an image resizing program to reduce the file size of my pictures so much of the pre 2018 pictures that I have can't be posted here. They are not HD, they are simple digital pictures.

Kern Dog

I was able to find a few pictures small enough to post but here is yet another annoying feature of this forum....
EVERY time a member wants to post a picture that has been posted just ONCE before, the software denies it, stating that the file has already been submitted.
So What? WHY is that a problem? Who the hell cares if a member wants to post the same picture again?
The "workaround" is to rename the picture and try again.
WHY should members have to do this? What kind of Harbor Freight software is used here?

Kern Dog

l

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Kern Dog on January 31, 2021, 03:55:58 AM
I don't have an image resizing program to reduce the file size of my pictures

Lots available for free. (windows powertoys) I have my cameras set for high resolution which yields pics that are MB large....a simple right click brings them down to post-able size.

The "only post once" restriction here is, OTOH, very irritating but the forum is free of charge so I can't complain.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Kern Dog

Yeah, I can appreciate that there are no ads either.   :2thumbs:

Kern Dog

More

flyinlow

Thanks for the pictures!

Added a couple gussets for the steering bracket. Stitched the k frame. Ground out a couple bad factory welds and replaced them with my amateurs' welds. The car drove decent for a cruiser , but since the engine was out there would never be an easier time.

v21hemicharger

Firm feel used to offer a gusset kit to weld on yourself.  They may still but not on website.

John_Kunkel

Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

FI-Charger73SE

I recognized the same after sandblasting. I think that I almost welded better in the secondary school when we have these craft hours where welding was one area. Unfortunately i got it painted, now thinking to put sealing compound even that painted and then paint the sealing to black.
Cheers
Petri