News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Optima Battery:

Started by Captain D, January 31, 2021, 12:19:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain D

Hi all,

Curious about the Optima Battery - I've been running their RedTop for the past 6 years (great purchase). But, with my upgrading to EFI throttle body, electric fuel pump, some mild performance upgrades, & low resistance tune-up stuff (yet with still a lot of factory wiring still in place) I'm wondering if I should upgrade to the YellowTop for better / quicker start-up capabilities and to put less strain on the alternator. Any thoughts...?

And, as a side note while on the topic of electrical, do the park lamps secured to the front valance serve as a grounding component for the headlights? Just curious...

Thanks for any and all replies (for my 69' Charger 383).

c00nhunterjoe

Ive run red tops in the race car without an alternator and not had issues with years of track abuse and recharges between rounds.
  The screws ground the park lights.

Captain D

Thanks for the reply + info! Yeah, I heard that the Optima Battery can last up to 20 years (the key is to put it on a battery Tender while not in use) the rep from Optima headquarters informed me...