News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Press Release 69 Charger 500...

Started by hemi68charger, February 23, 2021, 10:04:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Operation "what the heck"; Press Release 1969 Hemi Charger 500 possibly up for sale.

I recently was in discussion with a gent about the possibility of selling the ole girl. The situation eventually fell through, but did get a taste getting something with the potential funds. Now I am curious about the 'what-ifs'.
As most know already with my threads, this isn't just a 1969 Charger 500, or 1969 Hemi Charger 500 but a sibling twin of the 1st 6 ever made; the Press Release set. There were 6 initially made; VON 925000-925005. This 500 is 925004, apparently the only found auto of the 3 made. There were 6 identical Hemi Charger 500s made with the exception of the tranny; 3 4speeds, 3 727s. They were paired off for magazine and PR duties. All were R4 Red, C5X cloth/vinyl seats, power windows/brakes and am-fm radio. All were coded for W23 Kelsey 15" wheels, but left Creative Industries with the 15" full wheel covers used on the Monocos and Polaras due to the famous recall..One apparently had hub caps instead of the full wheel covers. To this point I have been as anal as possible with the restoration, this includes rechroming all the original door handles, Charger C-pillar emblems, replating original parts, etc..
I continue to work on its restoration; slow going while trying to do the best I can and working. Have the original motor but not tranny, original broadcast sheet and fender tag. But does have an original Hemi 727. 69 Hemi Carbs are being built now with Harms Auto, radio is off for restoration as well. Have pretty much the complete interior new.. Have everything to finish the dash as well; new bezels, gauges, switch buttons, etc.

Won't be cheap, has a very unique pedigree, she started the whole Mopar Aero campaign. There is a high probability this is the Bud Lindermann 1969 Dodge Charger 500 video car. Chatted with Galen about it.

Open to possible trades; 4speed Superbird and cash or combination of Bird and another cool Mopar. Prefer a cash deal.. PM if interested or have questions..

$250,000 as is...
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection