News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1968 440 best flowing intake that fits the OEM A/C brackets

Started by DAmatt, February 25, 2021, 01:39:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DAmatt

Hi guys & gals,

Does anybody know for sure of a good flowing manifold that fits the 440 with factory air conditioning? Did anybody with A/C upgrade their intake? I suspect that the Edelbrock performer (not RPM) would work, but I need to be 100% sure.

Worst case scenario, would a 1971 factory 501 intake work? I could not confirm whether the A/C brackets are the same.

Finally, did anybody do a test on the 1971 intake, which is said to be the best flowing stock manifold, vs the 1968/69? Mine is a '68.

It would be cool to have a confirmation that a performance aluminium intake works, I understand there are good gains to be had, especially from the restrictive '68-'69 ones.
1968 Charger R/T auto, matching numbers 440 rebuilt to stock specs w/ L2355F .030 pistons & .039 gasket, MP 4452783 cam, stock 4637S Carter AVS rebuilt by Harms automotive feeding a stock 2806178 intake manifold. Air gets into unported 906 heads with hardened seats, and exits through HP manifolds and through an Accurate 2.5 to 2.25 aluminized exhaust to the 2.25 stock chrome tips. Still in awe of what the engineers were able to do more than half a century ago!

Challenger340

I think any of the even later mid-late 70's spread bore manifolds are a flow improvement over the 68/69 pieces ? But again, Sry I dunno if the A/C brackets fit/work ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !