News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Which Wheel & Manufacturer Is This?

Started by Old Moparz, March 04, 2021, 11:11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

There's a Facebook page for having grown up in the 60's, 70's & 80's I browse & someone posted this cool old photo. It's not a car page, so a few people were thinking that someone put Pontiac mags on a Charger.  :shruggy:

Anyway, They look like 80's vintage to me & I know there were lots of wheels offered back then but I don't recall seeing this one. I was curious if someone on here might know what wheel & manufacturer this might be?

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

71charger_fan

They really look like Firebird Esprit wheels, but I don't think the bolt patterns are the same.

Old Moparz

Quote from: 71charger_fan on March 04, 2021, 11:15:00 AM
They really look like Firebird Esprit wheels, but I don't think the bolt patterns are the same.

Definitely, but maybe an adaptor?  :shruggy:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Hemidoug

I don't know, but I had a Charger exactly like that one back in the day...318 sunroof car....thanks for posting the picture.
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

Kern Dog

Those are Pontiac wheels or a copy of them. Adapters were popular for awhile and available for a variety of sizes.

RiverRaider

Probably GM wheels machined out for uni-lugs.  Really common in the 80's to do that to slots.  Only cost a twelve pack to have my friends Dad's pit crew to do a set.
My first Charger was a Stock Car.

b5blue

"Snowflake mesh" I think that's the name.

moparstuart

Snow Flakes for sure    T/A wheels 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Aero426

Please don't mount them on your Charger. 

HPP

I think Appliance made these in alternate bolt patterns.

JB400

It's not the exact same rim, but Chrysler did put this rim on Imperials

triple_green

Pontiac "redbird" special addition wheels sometime in the mid-late 70s.
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

BrianShaughnessy

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.