News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Saying Hi after almost two years

Started by mopar0166, March 05, 2021, 08:40:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar0166

I finally have cleaned off all the crap piled up on the charger and pulled the cover to begin getting it ready for Spring.  I put my charger away after being diagnosed with Colorectal cancer in the beginning of 2019 and haven't exactly had the time to enjoy it since.  I had to deal with chemo, radiation and then surgery to finally remove the cancer.   That's the good news, the bad is that my wife cheated on me the whole time during this treatment and once I found out I was cancer free I had to deal with a full blown divorce.  The divorce is now final and the charger survived. 

I'm looking forward to getting it back to where it was in 2019 and to correspond with all the great experienced members on this forum.  I don't usually make a post like this, but besides my kids the thought of working on the charger again is very encouraging to me.   

I hope everyone has stayed safe during the pandemic and maybe the car show scene will open up this summer.   

Thanks for reading.   :cheers:

gsmopar

Holy crap!  Rough couple years.  Glad that you made it through.  Pics of the car?

mopar0166

RallyeMike

Welcome back. Looks like you won't have much work to do!
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

mopar0166

Well I tore the top have of the motor apart and removed the cooling system.  I was doing some maintenance and cleaning the cooling system.  Last I ran it, the motor was running hot.   So I was in the process of trouble shooting.    Other then that it should still be good.  I also need to undue the stuff I did to disable the car from running or rolling when I was going through my divorce.  I had a strong feeling that it was going to be taken for a "joy ride or moved" so that was simply prevented. 

Lennard

Welcome back!  
You definitely have had a couple of f.cked up years behind you. I'm glad that you're cancer free and still have your Charger. Better times are ahead!! :2thumbs:

mopar0166

:cheers:  Can't wait to hear the big block come to life again and take some trips. 

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Kern Dog

Son of a bitch....You have been through some hard times.   :pity: Sorry to hear of it.
Welcome back.

Mike DC

Whoa.  You've done some real good work just by getting through that mess.  :o

mopar0166

Spent the day yesterday cleaning up the shop and making it usable again.   I probably have another solid day of cleaning before I get the rest of my tools out of storage

XH29N0G

I am sorry to hear about what you have been through.  I am also happy to see you back.   :cheers:
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

69rtse4spd

Welcome back, glad your cancer free.  :2thumbs: 

Just 6T9 CHGR

Welcome back!  Sorry for the hardships you went through....you're a fighter!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

67440chrg

Sorry for your bad luck. It sounds like your are on your way back on top. Now go find a pretty lady to ride in that charger and make you feel good.

67440chrg

I hope you dont mind me asking but how did you find out about the cancer? I am at the age and am having health problems and am curious. Thank God you found it and are cancer free now. Take care and have a great restart.

mopar0166

I was had been getting serve back pain.  Being young I ignored it and kept moving.  It got worse and had digestive issues.   So instead of seeing back doctors I went to a gastro doctor.   She knew right away and then I had a colonoscopy.  It was confirmed to be cancer and I immediately went to an oncologist to begin treatment etc.   I was only 38 so I didn't take the minor signs seriously.  Since then I know they have lowered the age for colonoscopies and I highly recommend it for any over 35.   

If your experiencing stuff with your body out of the norm.  Seek help. 

mopar0166

As for the charger it was great to turn some wrenches last night.   

ODZKing

Wow, sorry to hear. Been there, the divorce part anyway. Better times ahead, as a friend once told me during mine. It will only get better.  :cheers:

mopar0166

Yeah the post divorce sucks.  But I'm embracing my new free time and trying to move forward.   It's just hard when this decision was forced upon me.  I'm hoping for a good summer and hopefully using the charger a lot this summer.   

Thanks everyone for the feedback.