News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Headlight Door On 68 Not Closing After Installing Emblem

Started by BrokenHero, March 05, 2021, 04:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrokenHero

Hey guys -

My headlight door is catching on something and not closing, even though I think I put everything back correctly.

I almost took the headlight door off to install the arrow emblem, but only got three of four of the bolts connecting it to the metal arm successfully removed. So I was able to pull it away from everything and get the emblem 
hardware fastened on the back.

Now that everything is back together, the headlight door struggles to go up and really sticks once it's in the up position. It feels like it's just too close to the whole headlight unit or something and I'm not sure how to adjust this. Also, I did remove and replace one headlight adjusting screw, but I can tell from the dirt on the screw I screwed it back in the same amount.

Any help is appreciated.

I'll put a video on YouTube and link it too

Thanks!

Also wondering if it's possible the emblem pins are too long and catching on something?
1968 Dodge Charger
383 4 barrel
PP1 red, black vinyl top
Los Angeles, CA

BrokenHero

1968 Dodge Charger
383 4 barrel
PP1 red, black vinyl top
Los Angeles, CA

Just 6T9 CHGR

Work it through the full range of motion with the car off and see where its hitting?

The fact that the grill itself looks pretty busted up Im sure isnt helping the motion
Chris' '69 Charger R/T