News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I Found A Solution For Annoying Pal-Nut Emblem Nuts

Started by BrokenHero, March 05, 2021, 05:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrokenHero

I ordered the YearOne 68 headlight door arrow emblem but couldn't get the thread cutting backing nuts to go on.

Then I tried these from Home Depot, tightening with an 8mm ratchet and they cut threads well and seem very secure.

FYI for anyone putting on an emblem and having trouble with the pal nuts.
1968 Dodge Charger
383 4 barrel
PP1 red, black vinyl top
Los Angeles, CA

blakemon

gsmopar

I just went through this.  Thanks!!!  Will add to my door emblems this weekend.

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

green69rt

Careful using them.  The shafts on the backs of the emblems break off really easy!!

BrokenHero

No problem. Heres a short video that doesn't show me screwing them on but does show them installed.

Good call on being careful with the posts. I found that starting the threads before the emblem was mounted was helpful. The metal is soft, but you don't want to start the thread completely blind.

https://youtu.be/07f3WLawZH4

1968 Dodge Charger
383 4 barrel
PP1 red, black vinyl top
Los Angeles, CA

Dano 1

Has anyone ever tried actually cutting threads on these studs with a die? To green69rt's comment maybe that would be too much torque and break the stud off but in theory cutting threads with the proper tool would make better quality threads than just using a nut.
Either way good tip BrokenHero!
1969 Charger 383 2bbl, R4 red, White hat special project

Check out my website for 3D printed restoration parts and accessories.
www.nextgendesignsnc.com