News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

315/60/15

Started by JMF, March 13, 2021, 08:16:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMF

HPP

This will be 1" taller in radius and 1 inch wider on each side. Do you have an extra inch in each of those directions with your current 275/60?

They could be installed on an 8" rim, but, they would need to be run at a lower pressure to get full contact out of the tread face. Normal pressure will cuase them to crown the center of the tread and will not wear evenly. This lower pressure will produce mushy steering response and cause the carcass to run hotter. Sustained hot running causes tire to wear out faster and fail sooner. MT recommends 9.5" as ideal rim size.

Mickey Thompson classifies these as a race tire, not a street tire, but they do have a USDOT approval for street use, but looking at their tread to void ratio, are marginally so. Whether that is inline with  any specific European DOT is highly contingent upon that particular country's requirements.

They do not come with raised white letters.

They do offer other sizes;  https://www.mickeythompsontires.com/drag-tires/et-street-r

chargered

I think the 315s could be just a tad too wide.  You could probably make them work, but I'm sure you'll get some rubbing.  I'm running 305s and those will rub occasionally.  I'm running mine on 10 inch rims.