News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 Dodge Charger Outside Car Cover

Started by matchek, March 13, 2021, 10:20:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matchek

Hi all, just got my Charger today! Whew ew!     :icon_smile_big:  Finally part of the family.     Would you please let me know the brand and where I can get a good OUTSIDE car cover.  Looking for one that has more of the plasticy outside and not that type that easily rips and had a hole for the antennae.   I am so disappointed I just paid a lot of money for one and it was too short (length was too short?) - I have a feeling it was for a modern  Charger and not a vintage one.  What a pain to try to get that to fit in the box.

Sincerely,
Matt
1970 Dodge Charger with 1972 440 engine

70 sublime

Not sure there is a cover with a hole for an antenna

I ended up just making a hole in my inside car cover for the antenna
Is a pain in the butt to put on for that reason

Would be nice to just have an antenna that the mast just screws off might work better than you have no hole to let water in if the car is outside
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

70sixpkrt

440-6pk, 4-speed, Dana 60 with 3:54  
13.01 @107.93 (street tires spinning all the way down)

matchek

Thank you .  They want $475 for an outdoor cover.  A little out of my range for now.  I am sure it is a great cover though.

Kern Dog

You have a Charger but don't have a garage to keep it?

G-man

Quote from: Kern Dog on March 14, 2021, 04:28:52 AM
You have a Charger but don't have a garage to keep it?

Not unheard of...  :icon_smile_blackeye:

DownZero

Car covers.com.   Affordable and seem well made. The outside cover that I have for my wife's camaro seems to be what your after. It's nice just a tad to long.

matchek

Thank you - this site as a lot of options!  Would you remember which outdoor cover you got - they have  lot of options.  More affordable.    Not sure I need the $450 version yet like the other site.

About the garage - very funny!   That is sensitive spot for me.   To make a long story short I won't have a full time spot in it in the garage until I get my shed built - with Covid getting a City permit has taken A LOT more time than normal and also builders are backlogged.  I won't have the shed for 3 more months at best and won't have a full time spot in the garage until then.

DownZero

I believe it was the ultimate shield cover.

Daytona R/T SE

If your Charger has a nice paint job, I wouldn't put a car cover on it at all if you're going to park it outside.

The wind will whip the cover around, rubbing on the paint constantly, no matter how tightly you tie it down.

Add in a little dirt and moisture that will work it's way under the cover and get trapped... :scratchchin:

matchek

Unfortunately, I have a lot of birds in my neighborhood and my wife just installed a bird feeder to add fuel to the fire.   :icon_smile_angry:

70sixpkrt

I read on another forum that the car covers.com did not fit well.

440-6pk, 4-speed, Dana 60 with 3:54  
13.01 @107.93 (street tires spinning all the way down)

matchek

I just ordered something from Amazon for $80 that is 225" long - will see how that goes.  Comes on Thursday.

ph23vo

just get one of those metal carports put up.. works great! and allows for air flow to keep the car dry!..you can kind of see mine in this pic..only 1 i have of it.. iirc it was 1200.00 installed.. 2 cars can fit!

b5blue

I've ordered one from Amazon after waiting 2 weeks. If it fits a Crown Vic. and has decent reviews it may be a go to for 40.00. (I paid extra 13.00 for next day delivery.) I'll update after testing.

b5blue

Okay after a shipping mix up I've got this: https://www.amazon.com/OxGord-Signature-Car-Cover-Water-Proof/dp/B00DUFC8ZM?ref=pf_vv_at_pdctrvw_dp
 It just fits a 70 Charger, kinda tight front/back a bit puffy by the windshield/cowl area. Not bad overall for 50 bucks. I got this one due to a good review for a 68 Charger. (May fit 68/69 better) The 40.00 Amazon one is very light weight, like a silver coated single layer fabric that will compress to the size of a football. The one I kept will compress to large pillow size, much thicker.  ("Won Lane" the seller let me keep the cover and the refund due to shipper "Lasership" delays so he's a good seller.  :2thumbs:

Montclaire

Why don't you take whatever junk is supposed to go in the shed that you don't have, dump that on the lawn, and put the cover on that?  I'll be nice and not say what I would like to about the bird feeder  :lol:

I'm old enough (just barely) to have daily driven a 440 powered 73 Challenger in the rust belt for a few years - ice, snow, salt and all.  And a 78 Monaco and a 75 CJ-5. And an 86 Jag XJ-S but that's another story. I'm glad that I got to experience that but those days are long gone.  Get that thing indoors and under lock and key ASAP.

AKcharger