News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Searching for my original engine

Started by marshallfry01, March 15, 2021, 09:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marshallfry01

I just bought a 69 R/T project and it's missing the engine/trans. I know it's a complete shot in the dark, but what's the best way to track down my original 440? I'm trying to get in touch with previous owners but that has turned into chasing rabbits.

Oh and the vin is XS29L9G225581 Incase someone on here has it laying in their shop somewhere. I'd love to find it and buy it back.  :cheers:
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

RiverRaider

Auto or stick transmission?  It would help to know the possible location of the car when the motor was removed that way you could contact that areas Mopar swap meet vendors.
They may have remembered an R/T motor passing through there stash of parts.
My first Charger was a Stock Car.

marshallfry01

Quote from: RiverRaider on March 16, 2021, 06:58:35 AM
Auto or stick transmission?  It would help to know the possible location of the car when the motor was removed that way you could contact that areas Mopar swap meet vendors.
They may have remembered an R/T motor passing through there stash of parts.

It's a factory automatic on the floor. I bought the car out of Kansas a couple of months ago. Other than that I haven't had much luck finding out where it was before that.
1969 Charger 383/auto

RiverRaider

I checked with no luck, I thought there might have been a chance as three of my 440's came from a stock car swap meet in Nebraska years ago.
I will add the number to my watch list.  Good luck on your search.
My first Charger was a Stock Car.

marshallfry01

Quote from: RiverRaider on March 17, 2021, 07:10:31 AM
I checked with no luck, I thought there might have been a chance as three of my 440's came from a stock car swap meet in Nebraska years ago.
I will add the number to my watch list.  Good luck on your search.

Thanks! I got in touch with the previous owner and he said he bought it out of a junkyard. It had been there since the mid 80's. As far as I know that was in Kansas. Idk why someone would part out a 69 R/T like that. It's very solid besides the trunk pan and rear window area. It's surprising how complete it is even though it was in a junkyard. It's missing the gauge cluster, seats, engine, trans, and hood. Everything else is still there.
1969 Charger 383/auto