News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Carter to Holley swap

Started by 68-XS29, March 17, 2021, 07:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68-XS29

I have a 68 Charger and am looking to swap the stock Carter AVS for a holley. It is a 383 automatic, and the intake and everything else is factory. The car is also equipped with A/C and cruise control. Is a Holley a direct bolt on replacement for the Carter AVS? Thanks!

chargerbr549

The holley should bolt in the same place as the AVS but your linkage needs to be addressed with your cruise control, first you need the 20-7 holley adapter for the throttle stud to bolt in the proper place then you will have to make a bracket and most likely weld it to the adapter in order for your to hook your cruise control cable up. Also you will need to move the coil since it will be in the way with the holley.
If it was me I would recommend the 650 AVS Thunder series Edelbrock carb since its basically an improved version of your original AVS and they usually run pretty well. I have two of the 800 Thunder series carbs on my big blocks and are very happy with them.