News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Well, tomorrow is Apprasial day

Started by AKcharger, March 17, 2021, 10:21:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

I currently have an agreed value policy with American Collectors but if there was a total loss I couldn't replace them as prices have jumped up so getting an apprasial...wonder how they're do?  :popcrn:

70 sublime

next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

hemi-hampton

70 sublime

Quote from: hemi-hampton on March 17, 2021, 11:29:27 PM
Quote from: 70 sublime on March 17, 2021, 10:48:03 PM
$45 000 and $75 000 my guess  :shruggy:

$75 For a Non R/T car?? :shruggy:

Have you ever seen an apprasial that is less than market value ?
They always seem a little more so that is my guess what they will say

Both cars look very nice sitting there  :2thumbs:

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Wingnut426

Do appraisers actually research what current values are?  Every time I contacted an appraiser they asked me what I want for a figure.  WINGNUT
HEMI Daytona Convertible

Mike DC

QuoteHave you ever seen an apprasial that is less than market value ?
They always seem a little more so that is my guess what they will say

Quick - guess your own car's real market value.  Think of a number.  

Now let's say you car is stolen tonight.    

Could you buy another car that you like as much as the old one, for that 'real market value' number?  Without kicking in another $15k of your own money to open up some more choices?  Without searching every weekend for the next 3 years to find a rare deal?  

The point of insurance is to replace what's been lost without the extra drawbacks.  

4cruzin

Curious to hear the results . . .   :2thumbs:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

CRW-FK5

Quote from: AKcharger on March 17, 2021, 10:21:13 PM
I currently have an agreed value policy with American Collectors but if there was a total loss I couldn't replace them as prices have jumped up so getting an apprasial...wonder how they're do?  :popcrn:

I'll be curious to see what they come back with as well, since I also own a '70.  I am, however, a bit of a skeptic about where they gather their data from or how extensive it even is.  I doubt they are in any way accountable for the accuracy of the number they end up providing, and knowing most of us deep down would prefer to hear what a gold mind were sitting, they likely lean consistently towards a higher number.  It's really unfortunate that more of us in the hobby are so reluctant to share private party sale prices (purchases and sales), as these are critical gages of value.  Without these key data points we are at the mercy of the commercial deals.  

70 sublime

hmmm
No one would care to guess a number

Oh well

Will you know today what they think or will they have to go home and do a bunch of research and print off some pictures to make a fancy report ?

ph23vo

remember....appraisals are 2x retail value usually..

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

hemi-hampton

hemi-hampton

Quote from: cdr on March 18, 2021, 07:37:45 PM
This sold for 76k acording to the buyer on Facebook   XH R/T clone
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Dodge-Charger-/154354524448?fbclid=IwAR3U6UhdzXAybQTYD0McYhxWmzqMbPZjHQEfEtgGLWUW9iV7z-qlDHO5hK8&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=rb9eJuaCigifDXTAIKOKrWXIEiM%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

Yeah but thats a cool Plumb Crazy Purple & his is a ugly Burnt Orange, at least that's what every body told me when I tried to sell my Burnt Orange 70 R/T Charger. :shruggy:

hemi-hampton

I guess he's going to leave us in suspense wondering what happened? :shruggy: :scratchchin: :slap:

cdr

Quote from: hemi-hampton on March 18, 2021, 09:02:03 PM
I guess he's going to leave us in suspense wondering what happened? :shruggy: :scratchchin: :slap:

I am STILL Baffled about your car, I LOVED it. 
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

AKcharger

Quote from: hemi-hampton on March 18, 2021, 08:57:12 PM

Yeah but thats a cool Plumb Crazy Purple & his is a ugly Burnt Orange...

:nana:

The guy spent 2 hours, an hour on each car. He said a day or two for the report to check #'s values ect. I'm sure there are appraisers that got a license from the ad pages of a national enquirer that will give you any $$ you want but to have credibility and be in the "ball-park."  Again, all I'm after is a credible apprasial to adjust my agreed values. $25K ('72) and $31K ('70)  are not adequate in todays market.

Anyway, I'll be happy to share when it comes in!

hemi-hampton

was the agreed value of $31k before the new paint job? LEON.

4cruzin

Quote from: hemi-hampton on March 18, 2021, 08:57:12 PM
Quote from: cdr on March 18, 2021, 07:37:45 PM
This sold for 76k acording to the buyer on Facebook   XH R/T clone
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Dodge-Charger-/154354524448?fbclid=IwAR3U6UhdzXAybQTYD0McYhxWmzqMbPZjHQEfEtgGLWUW9iV7z-qlDHO5hK8&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=rb9eJuaCigifDXTAIKOKrWXIEiM%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

Yeah but thats a cool Plumb Crazy Purple & his is a ugly Burnt Orange, at least that's what every body told me when I tried to sell my Burnt Orange 70 R/T Charger. :shruggy:

That's interesting . . Burnt Orange is one of my favorite colors.  Hmmmm
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

triple_green

I'd move the current valuation up $10K on each car.
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

Back N Black

I'm insured with Hargerty and i sent them pics and a list of what was done to the car and we came to an agreement on the value.

AKcharger

Quote from: hemi-hampton on March 18, 2021, 11:07:29 PM
was the agreed value of $31k before the new paint job? LEON.

Correct, I used what I paid for it. After paint, no way I could replace it for that.

3x green...good a guess as any :-)

hemi-hampton

You got less then $5k in paint. Does that make worth $36k now :scratchchin: :rofl:

AKcharger

Sorry for the delay guys.  '70 came in at $67k and $35k for the '72 Rallye. Yup, yup I know they're only worth what people will pay but that's the average market valve of each one.
So what does a appraisal buy? 27 page report on condition,  market trend, photos and reports other vehicles that have SOLD for amounts similar to your vehicle.
Do you Need an appraisal? I'd say if your project is done it's money well spent.

Cheers!

70 sublime