News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 Rear Seat Belt installation question

Started by matchek, March 20, 2021, 03:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matchek

When the previous owner had the rear seat redone, he for some reason did not put the seat belts back.   I bought new belts and bolts, but did not buy any washers.    Is anyone familiar with how many washers did you use and did you use "anti-rattle" washers?   

From what I can see, I only have 4 hole in the rear (so two sets of lap belts).    Two threaded holes in the back and one on each door panel.   

I wonder am curious of what washers to use to install the rear seat belts, especially the ones that were used to attach to the rear door panel.    I would think a large washer as to not damage the rear door panel?
1970 Dodge Charger with 1972 440 engine

matchek

I am wondering if the rear seat belt clasp that connects to the rear side panel is bolted directly to the frame or do you put the clasp over the rear door panel and tighten it against the door panel with a washer over it as to not damage the door panel?
1970 Dodge Charger with 1972 440 engine