News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Car is painted, finally! Vinyl top question

Started by runningman, March 18, 2021, 08:46:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

runningman

Well after 20 years or so I finally sent my car out to have the metal work finished and they just painted it!f  I'll have some pics soon but wondered if anyone had good pics on how the vinyl top terminates at the drip rails and pillar areas.  They are going to install this weekend and they aren't a Mopar shop.  Thanks!  Matt

hemi-hampton

Not a Mopar Shop :o I hope everything came out fine. I'll have to come by & check it out someday.  Congrats  :2thumbs: LEON.

Nacho-RT74

I don't think it could be really a big difference between a Mopar and some other brands on that specific deal.

There is or was a good article about the vinyl top installation on a 2nd gen Charger I think at HotRod magazine? It was called HORSESKINNING or something like that, but I dunno if is still available. Hotrod magazine website doesn't open in Europe and I'm im Spain at this moment... not at least on that kind of old articles.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

runningman

Quote from: hemi-hampton on March 18, 2021, 09:11:36 PM
Not a Mopar Shop :o I hope everything came out fine. I'll have to come by & check it out someday.  Congrats  :2thumbs: LEON.

Hi Leon!  Yeah everything looks pretty good so far!  They still need to wet sand and buff, I'll let you know when it's home!  Matt

runningman

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on March 19, 2021, 03:39:30 AM
I don't think it could be really a big difference between a Mopar and some other brands on that specific deal.

There is or was a good article about the vinyl top installation on a 2nd gen Charger I think at HotRod magazine? It was called HORSESKINNING or something like that, but I dunno if is still available. Hotrod magazine website doesn't open in Europe and I'm im Spain at this moment... not at least on that kind of old articles.

Thanks Nacho, I'll see if I can find it!  Matt

hemi-hampton

Here's a pic of my Vinyl Top. Hope it helps. LEON.

b5blue

runningman

Quote from: b5blue on March 20, 2021, 08:27:04 PM
Long time no see Matt! Good Luck!  :2thumbs:

It's been forever, thank you!!  I'm sure I'll have a few questions lol

runningman