News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got a strange noise,,,,,

Started by DonDale13, March 23, 2021, 12:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonDale13

Got a 2015 Charger SE, w/ AWD, 90K miles. Every time I hit a small bump or hole, one that you can feel in the steering wheel but it's not enough to spill your coffee, I get a knocking noise from the front end sometimes it sounds like the wheels are falling off, very similar to broken stab links! I've had a front end inspection done, I've stuck my head under the car, Shocks check, stab links check, upper and lower ball joints check, not a wheel hub. Any thoughts will be checked out, except a squirrel carcass ''But it helps!'

JB400

Any sort of vibration anywhere?  Does the steering wheel shake?  Or is it just a noise?

Old Moparz

I've got a similar noise in the front end of my truck that turned out to be the sway bar bushings. Sounds worse than it is & everything else is fine. I'll be replacing them as soon as I have a chance.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

DonDale13

Sway bar bushings... It's possible!!! Thanks! Let me know how your truck turns out.

DonDale13

I only get a vibration when I'm off the gas coasting downhill, I get a slight vibration from the front right tire. Gonna do a tire rotation and see if the vibration moves. If it is a wheel hub, it's in the very beginning of goin bad!