News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

quarter trim question

Started by runningman, March 24, 2021, 07:29:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

runningman

The guys at the shop are wondering if the area behind this trim was filled with sealer at the factory?  There was glob of something stuck on the back but they aren't 100% sure.  I'm assuming something was there to keep water out?  Thanks  Matt

csx4590

Don't take it as gospel but I was told that nothing was there from the factory. Water just ran through the hole and drained out at the bottom of the car...

runningman

Quote from: csx4590 on March 24, 2021, 10:19:44 AM
Don't take it as gospel but I was told that nothing was there from the factory. Water just ran through the hole and drained out at the bottom of the car...

Holy hell lol

68 charger freak

i have seen some guys paint the back of the moldings to match body colour and use butyl tape to help seal the gap
68 charger, pro touring build ,mini tub,528 wedge,magnum-xl 6 speed,rms alterkation,martz 4 link,moser 8.75,custom interior

doctor4766

Quote from: csx4590 on March 24, 2021, 10:19:44 AM

Correct as far as I'm aware.
Gotta love a '69

jlatessa

Yup, that's what we figured out when putting our 70 together.
We sealed it with the red Permatex, not a real good match to EV2,
but better than staring at the black gap!!

Joe

runningman

This really blows my mind, I guess I'll see what they come up with!