News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

superbird side mirrors

Started by loudmouthaussie, March 28, 2021, 01:19:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loudmouthaussie

What's the best place to get correct LH side mirror for Superbird?
Mine is manual not remote. Classic Industries seem to list them but with a front on pic only I cant tell if its the correct mirror.

Thanks in advance. -Tom  :cheers:
1970 PLYMOUTH SUPERBIRD. 440/6BBL/BENCH/AUTO/VITAMIN C.
1979 FORD RANCHERO GT 351.
1960 AUSTIN HEALEY MK1 BUGEYE SPRITE 1275/4 SPEED.

69bfan

The OEM manual mirrors had a Pentastar emblem stamped into the face of the mirror.  Most of the vendors sells a much cheaper version of the mirror which lacks the Pentastar emblem.  So you need to know what your paying for.  Also, on the cheaper mirrors, they are prone to being loose around the ball and socket mechanism and the mirror after time will not stay in position.  The cheaper version usually sells around $60 while the more correct mirror will retail around $130 from the vendors who stock them.  There is probably several different manufacturers of the cheaper mirrors, but I only know of one for the mirrors with the Pentastar emblem.  I have attached two pictures of the the more correct mirror.
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com

loudmouthaussie

Thanks. Yes i think its hard to find them with the pentstar symbol.

loudmouthaussie

My drivers mirror is not remote. Is that fairly typical for superbirds?