News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any Mopar Clubs in Killeen, Texas area?

Started by A34, March 28, 2021, 08:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A34

Hey Guys,

My son just moved to Killeen, Texas. He's stationed at Ft. Hood. He's looking for a Mopar Club to get involved with. Any suggestions?

Thanks!!
Looking for NOS parts for 69 Charger - whatcha got?
God Bless America, Our Troops and Their Families !
Deo Vindice

RiverRaider

When I lived there in the 80's there were a couple Mopar guys in the Belton area.  There also was a guy near Gatesville that had a lot of B Body cars in his yard. I lost touch with them back in the early 2000's.  I think Texas acres is closed now.  Not far from FT Hood there is a dragstrip near Holland (littleriverdragway.com) they are racing this weekend, he might be able to make some contacts there.  Not sure if is the same now but back then you didn't want to speed on Hwy 190 around Nolanville that was the speed trap to catch soldiers.
My first Charger was a Stock Car.

DixieRestoParts

Dixie Restoration Parts
Ball Ground, Georgia
Phone: (770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-6pm EST
mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price

RiverRaider

I haven't been there for quite few years so maybe things have changed, but when I was stationed there in the 80's you drove under the speed limit through Nolanville.  Back then it was better to pay the fine no matter what it was for rather than being held to see the Judge and be AWOL.  60 minutes had a special on them and other Trap Towns.  That area in the 80's also had a local public intoxication ticket a little over $100 bucks (officer's discretion) you pass the breathalyzer but since you are out of your vehicle in the "public" you could be given a public intoxication ticket.  Great revenue for the local towns, you paid so you could get back to the barracks. 

The real targeting as in Killeen back then they had an undercover cop busting guys for solicitation of a prostitute.  She was a cross between a super model and a playmate centerfold smoking hot.  Some called her the Goddess of D ave. 

I lived there three years and really enjoyed Texas,  Just had to be careful and respectful of the law.
My first Charger was a Stock Car.

A34

Looking for NOS parts for 69 Charger - whatcha got?
God Bless America, Our Troops and Their Families !
Deo Vindice