News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird wing washers and supports in the trunks.

Started by Seabeckredneck, March 29, 2021, 01:02:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabeckredneck

A couple MoPar buddies came by to help my install the wing on my Superbird Repli-racer. However, we were having a little trouble and so now I'm asking for help from those of you that have real Superbirds and Daytonas. My unpright tend to lean outboard, which doesn't match up with photos I've seen in books. If you would take a couple photos of up under the rear fender where the wing washer are and then at the bottom where the little "L" attaches the bottom of the wing support to the trunk floor.
 Thank you very much. I'm concidering going with the NASCAR method so if anyone has one they could take a few shots of I would be forever grateful
 Thanks!

Photo attached

RealWing

1970 Superbird 440-6bbl
1969 Barracuda 340 Formula S
1969 Barracuda convertible  6.1 L Hemi
2015 BMW K1600 GTL

RealWing

Lower support attachment
1970 Superbird 440-6bbl
2015 BMW K1600 GTL

Seabeckredneck

Thanks for the great photos RealWing!
  The issue I'm having is the supports hanging down from the wing washer angle outward more than I think they should. Therefore they would not line up directly with the little 4x4.5 plate welded to the trunk floor.
  But thanks again for the photos. Maybe I'll see if they need to be massaged into place.

Chris

RealWing

A little "massage" will always work and probably duplicates what the assembly line workers did to get the parts to fit!!!!!
1970 Superbird 440-6bbl
2015 BMW K1600 GTL

A383Wing

you might have the supports on the wrong side.....mine are angled at the top slightly

Seabeckredneck

Quote from: A383Wing on April 03, 2021, 04:52:29 PM
you might have the supports on the wrong side.....mine are angled at the top slightly

Thank you for the input. I tried switching them to the other side, even though there is an "R" or an "L" on each. When I did, they angled inboard big time!
When I put them on the correct side, the bottom corner of the supports comes very close to the body panel (less than an inch or so). Maybe mine aren't "real" supports? I was told they were when I bought them.
I found a photo of the Daytona NASCAR wing supports and I think that is the way to go. I would like to see a few other photos to use as a reference but there are not too many NASCAR Superbirds around.

triple_green

Looking forward to seeing this a the Cruise at the Creek in the future! Great job!

Mark
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

Seabeckredneck

Quote from: triple_green on April 08, 2021, 10:59:49 AM
Looking forward to seeing this a the Cruise at the Creek in the future! Great job!

Mark

Thanks Mark! I'm looking forward to see you and your Charger as well. I hope we get to have some cruises. We are starting to get into the season.

Chris